Recording Software Help

• Thread starter Stealthdjentstic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What's some good software to get in order to start recording and what do you need to run it? If i wanted to get S2.0 do I need something to run it on like Cubase? Would getting Cubase and S2.0 be a good idea?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Slampop

Artist/Producer: IDOLER
Reaction score
most def dude! that i think is the main combo among most everyone here.

Slampop

Artist/Producer: IDOLER
Reaction score
thanx man! i would say you would be set for recording with that pair, i use nuendo 3 (basically Cubase, same makers) with dfhs for programmed drums.

ugmung

Banned
Reaction score
i have Cubase SX3 but not a damn idea how to use it. i use FL8 for all my drum, bass and synth programming, and i export them as MP3's and use random DAW's to upload in and track guitars. :lol:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
i'm not sure where this program falls in comparison to the ones already mentioned but i use acoustica mixcraft 4.

probably not the best there is but i got it for free and it seems to be working fine for me :shrug:

ps - i think the program actually costs like $40; it's not actually free

FlamesOfDestiny

VideoGameMetal.com
Reaction score
I've been using Sonar for quite a while now. Started back on 6 and am up to 8 now. I used Cubase LE before that and ProTools LE before that. After all that, I'm thinking about jumping ship either back to Cubase or up to Nuendo.

Sonar's tempo/time signature editing just isn't doing it for me. Everything else is okay, but I've missed Cubase since day 1. However, I've heard a lot about bugs in Cubase 4 and 5.

Reaper (http://www.reaper.fm) is also a nice, less expensive candidate.

Reaction score
I ended up going with Reaper, now i just need a quality free drumming program :lol:

How's Hydrogen? Is it any good or should I avoid it and just try and obtain S2.0/EZ drummer + DFH?

FlamesOfDestiny

VideoGameMetal.com
Reaction score
I've never tried Hydrogen, but as far as my experience, DFHS or especially EZ Drummer are Easy Mode for doing drums....well, at least for getting the parts there. Mixing is a total other beast.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I ended up going with Reaper, now i just need a quality free drumming program :lol:

How's Hydrogen? Is it any good or should I avoid it and just try and obtain S2.0/EZ drummer + DFH?

acoustica makes a drum prog too called beatcraft... i have it and i could hook you up with it if you wanted to try that out. it's incredibly easy to use.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
well i got it from a friend that had it and i don't hang out w/ him anymore since i moved...

but this was before i knew the joys of partitioning my hard drive and i ended up having to wipe my hard drive and dfh went bye bye... :-(

that having been said i HIGHLY recommend partitioning your hard drive and keeping an up to date backup image of your C drive...

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score

Hydrogen is pretty easy to use for making drum tracks, but I've never tried mixing with it so I don't know about that departemnt.

Another thing, typing in the stuff is easy, but be prepared to take some time shaping the sounds (it's got built-in tone shaaping options for every drum sample) some sound fine as they are, while others take a bit of work.

')