Recording with 7 string

• Thread starter MetalBuddah
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
So here is the deal. In January, my band is recording for our mini-ep. It will have 3 songs and will be free once we are all done with recording. I will post links in a thread when it releases. If you want to check us out here is a link (I am not featured there yet, I am the new guitarist)

But on the more important note, all of the new music so far is written for 6 string guitar in drop c. I was thinking about playing my 7 in GCGCFAD to give some extra low end to the music. I would do this by doubling the chugs and power chords with the low G. Do you guys think this would clash and not sound good or would it be alright? I can always use my 6 string and record with that, but I really want to start using the 7 with the band.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

suicidalllama

Reaction score
Seems like a sound idea but it may make it undefined. You may as well give it a try but I'd do it first in band practice and see how it goes.

kslight

Reaction score
In my experience as an engineer I'd be careful about clashing your notes with the bass otherwise your mix will be mush in the bottom end.

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
thanks for the responses. I was practicing with the 7 a lot and it wasn't feeling right for the songs, so I will record with the 6. But the good news is....my other guitarist is getting interested in 7s

MajorJohnson931

Reaction score
So here is the deal. In January, my band is recording for our mini-ep. It will have 3 songs and will be free once we are all done with recording. I will post links in a thread when it releases. If you want to check us out here is a link (I am not featured there yet, I am the new guitarist)

But on the more important note, all of the new music so far is written for 6 string guitar in drop c. I was thinking about playing my 7 in GCGCFAD to give some extra low end to the music. I would do this by doubling the chugs and power chords with the low G. Do you guys think this would clash and not sound good or would it be alright? I can always use my 6 string and record with that, but I really want to start using the 7 with the band.

i can't answer your question, but i really like your guys' music :hbang: reminds me of 36 crazyfists :agreed:

Latest posts

')