Red Seas Fire lead tracking video (Blackmachine, Bare Knuckle, Axe-FX)

• Thread starter -Nolly-
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Some of you may have heard this clip before, but now you can check out how it's played.
This is a new song by my band Red Seas Fire, called The Recovery. I video'd myself tracking the lead parts during the laid-back solo section, but the sound quality was really bad, so I overlaid the final recording. The video does show the actual takes used though, Apologies for the awful lighting, it was about 5am, at the end of a long recording session, so I wasn't really thinking about getting the best video quality possible.

[YOUTUBEvid]s7LGpRsL2gw[/YOUTUBEvid]

The recording was made with my Blackmachine B2, with its BKP Cold Sweat pickups, into my Axe-FX Ultra, recorded direct.
The clip can be heard in much better quality here: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/790683/The Recovery, Solo section.mp3

Anyway, hope you guys like it. If so, please check us out on myspace at Red Seas Fire on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads. The page will be getting a revamp soon, along with new music making an appearance in the near future!

Nolly

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ilyti

Lazy Ryebread Viking
Reaction score
I am really looking forward to this album. The rythms behind the solo are as good as the solo so it sounds very promising.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Sweet dude! That was a smooth composition man, I would love to hear some more of that.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just (about an hour ago) made the payment for an Axe-Fx, this is exactly what I need right now :) Awesome, man!

Coryd

Reaction score
Sounded great Nolly! What amp and cab are you using for the rhythms?

splinter8451

Reaction score
Dang man. That sounded like some straight epic video game music!

Awesome. I cant wait for more.

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Wicked, glad you guys are liking it! :)

I just (about an hour ago) made the payment for an Axe-Fx, this is exactly what I need right now :) Awesome, man!

Congrats dude, they are phenomenal bits of kit!
Sounded great Nolly! What amp and cab are you using for the rhythms?

Thanks man, It's mainly the Das Metall (Diezel VH4) model, blended with some of the New Recto model, through the V30 and German 4x12 cabs.

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
Oh
My
God
That was fucking beautiful, seriously, nicest palying I've heard in along time.

Pingu

NOOT NOOT
Reaction score
Awesome. And you call that laid back?

-Nolly-

Reaction score

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Do you find that the bath robe enhances the tone a bit? Maybe smooths out the highs and gives you nice warm bottom end?

Actually, this particular robe imparts a lovely warm midrange, but is too coloured (yes, that's how we British spell that word), and lacks definition for use in heavier situations, when I tend to find a more subtle robe tone is the order of the day.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey man, you have any tips on how to effectively blend amp models on the Axe? I'm looking to get a nice tight rhythm tone. I tried before with the Das Metal and something else, can't remember, was awhile ago. It didn't workout too well, pinch harmonics especially were really fucked up sounding.

When you blend, do you run them from the input, then into the same cab model? I use a cab with mine, but usually have a cab sim in there just in case I want to fuck around going direct. Do you use a cross over or EQ's to send different frequencies to different amps?

I figured I'd ask you since you and a couple of the other guys coax some serious fucking tone out of the Axe :lol:

Right now I'm using the Uberschall model and it sounds good...but it could always get better. My favorite real amp I've ever tried for rhythm would be the VHT UL, if that's any indication of what I would ideally be looking for.

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Hey man, you have any tips on how to effectively blend amp models on the Axe? I'm looking to get a nice tight rhythm tone. I tried before with the Das Metal and something else, can't remember, was awhile ago. It didn't workout too well, pinch harmonics especially were really fucked up sounding.

When you blend, do you run them from the input, then into the same cab model? I use a cab with mine, but usually have a cab sim in there just in case I want to fuck around going direct. Do you use a cross over or EQ's to send different frequencies to different amps?

I figured I'd ask you since you and a couple of the other guys coax some serious fucking tone out of the Axe :lol:

Right now I'm using the Uberschall model and it sounds good...but it could always get better. My favorite real amp I've ever tried for rhythm would be the VHT UL, if that's any indication of what I would ideally be looking for.

Hey dude, I find the big thing that makes it work is matching the gain levels between the amps. If you mismatch the gain, the sustain always sounds very weird as one amps dies quicker than the other or whatever. Kinda similar in when blending amp in real life too.
I pretty much always start with just one amp, and dial it in till it's close to what I want. At that point I bring in another amp mode and EQ it till it sits nicely with the other amp's sound, then adjust the level of the second amp until I get the sound I'm looking for. In my dual amp patches, there is almost always one "dominant" amp, with another running quieter, rather than two at the same level.
My patch chains normally have the "front of amp" effects such as boosts or compressors, after which the signal splits to the two amps, which then recombine to run through a single cab block, usually in the stereo setting, and almost always involving the German 4x12 model, which I like alot.
I hope there's something of use there, feel free to ask if you want more info.
I'm stoked you dig the tones I'm getting at the mo! :)

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Cool, thanks dude. Your music and vids aren't really my style as I'm more into black metal and shit, but there's no denying the tone or chops in your videos.

revclay

Reaction score
That was a really cool sounding lead. Look forward to hearing the whole song/album whenever it's completed. Well done!

')