Reed's Ginger Brew

• Thread starter ohio_eric
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Reed's Ginger Brew is damn tasty. :yum:

This is indeed delicious. It's a high end ginger ale. The first time you drink it you're a little taken back because the flavors are so strong and it's not just sweet like most commercial sodas. I've grown to love it. They make other beverages as well, which I haven't tried yet. It is a tad pricey but man is it worth it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm drinking ginger ale as I view this! :lol:

Where can one acquire this, Eric? It sounds pretty darn good, and I loves me some ginger ale.(I'm dying to try some ginger beer. :yum:)

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
I found it at Meijer's. The website has a list of stores that carry it as well. It was like $4.50 for 4 of them. I got the rasberry and the premium. :yum:

I would love to find their root beer.

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Anytime. Since it's so loaded up with ginger it's actually good for your digestive system. It's a win win. :D

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hmm. Colin and I picked up a six-pack of this, less for health benefits and more as ginger beer is a crucial ingredient of a Dark and Stormy or a Moscow Mule, but we just weren't that place.

This place up the street, Christopher's, does a hell of a dark and stormy - I have to find out what they use. I'll post up here if/when I do.

Either way, the stuff kicks the crap out of the "ginger ale" you usually see. :yesway:

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Ginger ale and a nice stout kick ass when mixed together. :yesway:

Drew, those drinks sound great! I've never heard of them, but I Googled them out of curiosity.

Moscow Mule
2 oz vodka
2 oz lime juice
8 oz ginger ale

Dark & Stormy
2 oz Gosling's® Black Seal rum
1 bottle ginger beer
1 slice lime

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Drew, those drinks sound great! I've never heard of them, but I Googled them out of curiosity.

Moscow Mule
2 oz vodka
2 oz lime juice
8 oz ginger ale

Really? That's a pretty popular drink here in Japan, especially among girls. I remember how I used to drink those kind of often about 2 years ago.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ginger ale and a nice stout kick ass when mixed together. :yesway:

Moscow Mule
2 oz vodka
2 oz lime juice
8 oz ginger ale

Dark & Stormy
2 oz Gosling's® Black Seal rum
1 bottle ginger beer
1 slice lime

They are, Bob - the Moscow Mule was a big surprise for me, since I don't even LIKE voodka that much. I believe the way I had it was probably a biit stronger, and had muddled mint leaves and a splash of simple syrup - the waitress explained it as sort of like a gin gimlet, but with vodka, if it helps. Maybe double the vodka, cut the ginger ale down to six ounces, and add about an ounce of simple syrup.

The Dark and Stormy they serve at Christopher's, meanwhile, kicks ass - it comes out without a lime, but with the dark rum simply splashed into the ginger beer so it's layered. It looks awesome, though you'll want to stir it before you drink it. Again, I'd mix it stronger - 2 ounces of rum in 12 ounces of ginger beer isn't going to get you anywhere, especially if like me you like to be able to taste the flavor of the rum through the drink.

Naren, you've given me another reason to like japanese girls. :wub:

')