Refinished "Relic" Schecter Left Handed C-8 Hellraiser Limited Lefty $300 Shipped US

Status
Not open for further replies.

keeper006

SWEET BERRY WINE!
Reaction score
Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar:Stripped down SCHECTER C-8 HELLRAISER LIMITED LEFTY 8 STRING
Modifications (if any):ORIGINAL POLY AND RED PAINT STRIPPED AND REFINISHED W/TRU OIL
Accessories (hardshell case etc):NA
Location (City,State or City,Country):TULSA, OK, USA
Contact Info (No Phone #s)PM HERE OR SHADOWSNAKE006@HOTMAIL.COM
References Required (eBay or other forum userid):EBAY- KEEPER006 (300+ 100% FEEDBACK)
Price (include currency and if firm/obo):$300 SHIPPED CONUS

So here is a lefty Schecter C-8, one of the limited 1st run of 24. I didn't like the usual black cherry finish, so I stripped off the poly and sanded the red paint layer off down to the black sealer undercoat. I then decided to "relic" it like Fender does, so I sanded thru the black to the raw mahogany in spots that wear naturally, filled it all with walnut wood filler, which darkened the raw mahog spots that i then stained walnut too. Sanded between 5 coats of TRU-OIL finish, then 3M rubbing compound, sand and then 3M finisher. It looks pretty good. If you look at my page here, you can see I know how to finish a guitar, but this is the 1st I "relic" treatment. Since these sold for $1000, I think $300 shipped is fair since it plays better than it did, especially the neck, but I have ruined any resale value. It plays awesome and sounds much fuller now. I was a bit lazy in the 2 spots where the fretboard joins the body at the joint, with a bit of the red paint remaining and the wood not too smooth by the edge, I tried to show this in pics. Nothing wrong with it, new strings, fretjob, etc. I just have a custom now and am assembling another guitar, so I thought someone might want this since it sounds great for a cheap price. Obviously since this is home-modded, this is an as-is sale, I have been clear that this has a sealed, functional finish, but is purposely beat-up looking, it is not new.

DSCN7712.jpg

DSCN7714.jpg

DSCN7717.jpg

DSCN7720.jpg

DSCN7723.jpg

DSCN7724.jpg

DSCN7729.jpg

DSCN7730.jpg

DSCN7748.jpg

DSCN7750.jpg

DSCN7751.jpg

DSCN7752.jpg

DSCN7753.jpg

DSCN7758.jpg

DSCN7759.jpg

DSCN7760.jpg

DSCN7774.jpg

DSCN7775.jpg

DSCN7776.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
Would be all over that if it were a righty. Sort of OT, but would you be interested in being paid to do the same thing to another guitar?

keeper006

SWEET BERRY WINE!
Reaction score
Would be all over that if it were a righty. Sort of OT, but would you be interested in being paid to do the same thing to another guitar?
Yeah, I do refinishing and repairs on the side as a hobby, and this was pretty interesting to do. Is it another Schecter you're talking about?

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
I was gonna ask the same thing. Im in Tulsa too, and I need a guitar re-finished.

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
Yeah, I do refinishing and repairs on the side as a hobby, and this was pretty interesting to do. Is it another Schecter you're talking about?

Yep, another Schecter Hellraiser 8, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')