Refinishing a RGA7 (All Your 56k joke Belongs To Us)

• Thread starter Kapee
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Luppin

Reaction score
As far as the binding goes, is it actual binding or is it just painted on? I kinda want to give my rga7 a natural finish but I don't wanna sand it down without knowing whether or not the binding is real or not

Kapee

ss.org Master
Reaction score
As far as the binding goes, is it actual binding or is it just painted on? I kinda want to give my rga7 a natural finish but I don't wanna sand it down without knowing whether or not the binding is real or not

It looked like painted. Im not sure because i didnt sand the finish off, but im pretty sure its painted

JimmyWCTI

Reaction score
kinda loks like he did mask off the neck pocket... notice the bolt holes are all covered except where he hung it up from. at least thats what it looks like to me

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
I dont yet have problems with any fumes and i still wash my hands with thinner :lol:
oh pleeease don't do that anymore. wear gloves when you're working with paint. lacquer thinner takes about 20-30 seconds to get to your kidneys after you touch it. yes, it soaks in through your skin, and goes STRAIGHT TO YOUR KIDNEYS :nono:

but it's looking good man, keep it up :yesway: :D

Kapee

ss.org Master
Reaction score
oh pleeease don't do that anymore. wear gloves when you're working with paint. lacquer thinner takes about 20-30 seconds to get to your kidneys after you touch it. yes, it soaks in through your skin, and goes STRAIGHT TO YOUR KIDNEYS :nono:

but it's looking good man, keep it up :yesway: :D

When my other kidney fails i'll start to use gloves :lol:! Have to keep that in my mind tho.

And yes, the neck pocket is taped.

I think i can get this baby finished tomorrow! I cant wait to see it finished :scream:!

Kapee

ss.org Master
Reaction score
Hey, what kind of nut i should get for the neck? The plastic one is full of Bob Saget

Kapee

ss.org Master
Reaction score
I was not happy by the "final" finish, so im gonna sand it again for a new clear coat.

Kapee

ss.org Master
Reaction score
This is why

7863536.jpg

7863535.jpg

Today im gonna finish it

Kapee

ss.org Master
Reaction score
Could someone URL me a fitting graphtech nut for the neck? And if you guys could recommend me some fretboard stickers to add some extra epicness, i've been thinking about universe pyramid-stickers, but if you know something more superiourly awesome, i'm open to ideas!

sell2792

Reaction score
If you could find red and cold Universe style inlays/stickers, that would be a whole new level of bad assery on that RGA. Makes me want one but I don't have the time or money right now to pimp one out.

Reaction score
Necks

scroll down to the "ET Custom "Galaxy""

THAT should be your inlays. i think you can just send your neck and he can do them too. dont know if you like it or not but i know i think its fuckin sexy!!

Kapee

ss.org Master
Reaction score
Necks

scroll down to the "ET Custom "Galaxy""

THAT should be your inlays. i think you can just send your neck and he can do them too. dont know if you like it or not but i know i think its fuckin sexy!!
That sure looks awesome but im not planning to get proper inlays for this price range guitar. I found this cool site and they had 3 different coloured pyramid inlays:
Pyramid (WS) Fret Markers Inlay Sticker Guitar

Pyramid (GPP) Fret Markers Inlay Sticker Guitar

Pyramid (GYP) Fret Markers Inlay Sticker Guitar

I cant decide :lol: WS or GPP? And if anyone could confirm that this: Products.&.Ordering - Graph Tech fits okay?

Expect picdump soon ;)

Last edited:

Kapee

ss.org Master
Reaction score
Sup!

Got it today finally! I didn't do the last clear coat and i regret it.. Still looks like orange skin :realmad: But anyways, i was too tired to again sand it and spray it so i just :fawk: and took it home! Dont have strings on it because im totally broke (Got my drivers licence today too :hbang:). Enough of bullshit and here are some pic's

main.php

you can see why im not happy with the finish;
main.php

My babie's :agreed::
main.php

and heres example of my soldering skills :lol: :lol: :lol:
main.php

Neck pickup is just holding place for a blackout.

I think it came up pretty sweet tho the clear coat is full of feces

')