Reichardt Guitars

Reaction score
Hi there SSO!

I have been meaning to start a thread here for awhile now but building time has always gotten in the way. I love building guitars with exotic woods and extended ranges(26'',27'',28'' scale lengths). I've been building professionally now for 4 years.

Generally speaking, my guitars are straight forward, meant for players that want interesting exotic woods with impeccable detail. I use a lot of hipshot hardware (i like hipshot, they're great!!), BareKnuckle Pickups and Seymour Duncan Pickups, as well as other high quality pickups/hardware. I am not endorsed by any of these companies. As long as it is high-end gear, I will use it in the guitars.

I'm a one man shop. I have a day job. I build 10-15 guitars a year depending on the specs of the guitars and very importantly the finish of the guitar. I do take on commission builds but I am very up front with my abilities as a builder and what I will and won't do as a builder.

Check out my website at www.reichardtguitars.com and my facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/reichardtguitars .

Now for the guitars!! Here are several that I just recently completed. You can checkout the guitar specs on my website.

What BareKnuckle pickups do you think should go in this Stock 7-String? Its getting a Nitrocellulose Satin finish right now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Love your stuff! I've followed you for a while online. You're one of the few luthiers I've seen that treat 8 strings as a normal thing. And I love that you routinely have in stock instruments, because it's gotten just downright scary to hand money to someone over the internet, and then start praying they don't screw you over (because I've been screwed over. :lol:)

Anyway, I've gotten thisclose to pulling the trigger on one of your builds, but never quite did it. Love your stuff, though. Great wood choices!

runbirdman

Lackawanna County Volunteer Sheriff's Deputy
Reaction score
Your guitars looks incredible and Hollowway's right, with all of the disastrous orders people here have placed have made people wary of ordering a custom shop guitar with an extended build time. The fact you have in-stock instruments is awesome and your guitars appear to be well thought out and executed. The only problem is going to be you getting your name out there and people start buying them faster than you can make them. Not a problem for you, but a problem for potential buyers. Keep up the good work.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind words everyone!!

Here is a new guitar that is working its way through the shop. I took this pic just before doing some fretwork. PM me if you are interested.

Specs
8-String
27" scale
Gabon Ebony Top
Flamed Mahogany Body
Black and White Ebony FB
Quartersawn Padauk Neck
Jumbo SS Frets

Reaction score
Been busy in the shop. I've got an 8-string ready for finish and wanted to show off the back of it. Nice Flamed Mahogany. I've got more body blanks that are equal to this one or have even more intense flame in them. And how about a flamed mahogany top? I've got those too!!

Reaction score
I've been pretty busy in the shop lately and have needed to update this page!! I have several guitar waiting for hardware and have been busy in the spray booth as well. I always like to make time for interesting builds though... so I have two Claro Walnut bodies in construction right now. One 7 and one 8-string. Both have matching necks!! These 2 bodies came from a massive quartersawn slab. I got lots of tops, 4 necks and these two body blanks out of it.

First though,

Reaction score
Here is a guitar that I recently finished up for a customer. Came out just amazing!! Flamed Maple Top, Swamp Ash body and a quartersawn Madagascar Rosewood Neck. Satin Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish.

About ready to start assembly on this guy!!

CapnForsaggio

Cap'n (general)
Reaction score
Those look awesome, but maybe you can explain to me why most manufacturers don't center the neck pickup?

It seems that you all are lining up the treble side with the taper, then letting the bass side just protrude from the centerline further?

I don't get it, it bugs me. I'm not picking on you, brand new Gibsons are this way too.... I just don't get it.

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
Those look awesome, but maybe you can explain to me why most manufacturers don't center the neck pickup?

It seems that you all are lining up the treble side with the taper, then letting the bass side just protrude from the centerline further?

I don't get it, it bugs me. I'm not picking on you, brand new Gibsons are this way too.... I just don't get it.

Everything looks centered to me, are you sure you're not seeing the shadow of the neck?

Reaction score
Its been a busy time in the shop!! Builds are getting completed and new guitars are being started. This Ebony "Moonscape" 7-string has just been completed and is up for sale on my website!! Check out the full spec list on my website here...

http://reichardtguitars.com/artwork/4120795-Ebony-Moonscape-7-String.html

And now for some pics!!

Here are some of the upcoming guitars/tops woods and body blanks!!

Figured Yellowheart

Figured White Limba Body Blank

Reaction score
Doing a little work over the holidays!! What do you think, should I put matching Black and White Ebony pickup bobbins on this guitar to round everything out?

Latest posts

')