Released an EP, feedback plz!

• Thread starter jesman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jesman

ss.org Unusual
Reaction score
Sounds great! Very nice music!

Can you give us some more details on how you recorded this and what gear you used?

Thanks! Glad you like it! :)

I use Reaper for recording/mixing/mastering with standard plugins.
Guitars (acoustic & electric) were recorded through my Line6 Pod Studio UX1 into Podfarm.
For the bassline I used the Standing Jazz Bass preset of the kore player (native instruments), I played it with the Behringer U-Control UMX 490.
Drums were generated by XLN Audios Addictive Drums.

I think thats pretty much it!

Flemmigan

Snoofin' your gear
Reaction score
This is truly very unique and beautiful music. I'm really enjoying it. As was said, the tones are very well done and the mixing is great. I honestly can't fault anything! I really loved the acoustic tone at the beginning of Ups and Downs, how did you achieve that? The overall product is very atmospheric and emotional. Very nicely done! :)

jesman

ss.org Unusual
Reaction score
Wow, thank ya'll! Didn't thought the EP would get so much positive feedback! I'm honored!

[...] I really loved the acoustic tone at the beginning of Ups and Downs, how did you achieve that? [...]

Half of that tone was made by my acoustic guitar, the other half was made by the virtual bass!
Also the acoustic guitar is tuned down to C standard, coming from E standard. That way it produced a very rattling noise and it sounded just right for me on that song somehow.

Radicz0r

Worst Dude
Reaction score
Hey Jes, i checked it out and it's a pretty solid production, though i feel the drums could use a lot more high end to open it up, and make it less muffled? The bass tone sounds very warm, same goes for guitars. I think the wood cover sort of gives me a forest, woodcabin kind of feel. I don't know. I liked Himlen Brænder the most!

osmosis2259

Reaction score
Hey I really like this!

Just beautiful music in general. Do you have a facebook page for people to follow?

Larcher

fpoon
Contributor
Reaction score
sorry to ask, but is the first track suposed to be like static sounding in the beggining? or are my monitors dying?

edit: this music is great :yesway:

jaco815

Reaction score
This is some beautiful stuff. I love seeing some non-metal stuff posted on this forum. And yours is exceptional. I like the downplayed drums and amazing guitar tones.

jesman

ss.org Unusual
Reaction score
Wow, thank ya'll for that feedback! I'm very happy about everyone liking my music! :)

sorry to ask, but is the first track suposed to be like static sounding in the beggining? or are my monitors dying?
I let the bass fade in a bit, if you mean that. Now you mention it I recognize I could have done that better! :D Thanks!

')