Reliable rig for playing and recording a 9 string

cesar

Reaction score
Hello people,

This year i am going to pull the trigger on a 9 string for my solo project and i want some tips on how to build a nice rig for it.

Tuning is going to be standard with lower strings so i will be playing all the range on my music.

My objective is to get the most flat and full sound possible to model after with software and processor like the AXE FX (even going with lace x bars to help with this)

I want to go with a Full range speakers for my pc and a DAC, Probably the axe i will buy later since is expensive as hell here.

Any suggestions on equipment specific for this or tips to accomplish this ?

:shred::shred::shred::shred::shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

macgruber

cat enthusiast
Reaction score
its hard to pass up a pod hd if you're ballin' on a budget. the original axe fx is nice, not too dissimilar to pod hd 500x, with the primary benefit being the 3rd party impulse response loader built in.

alto TS series is a great frfr, but don't overdrive them as its easy to blow the LF driver (they are rated at 800w, but is more like 350-400w rms)

otherwise the best sounding frfr i've heard is the line 6 l3 series. they're a bit heavy but sound nothing short of incredible and will put up with a lot of (ab)use.

')