Removing paint from grill cloth

• Thread starter IcarusLives
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IcarusLives

Reaction score
Hi all,
I scored a deal on guitar and got a PRS Big Mouth on their used website. I'm going to pick it up this afternoon, and was wondering how to get paint off of the grill cloth. I have attached a picture of the effected area

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    30.3 KB · Views: 52

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IcarusLives

Reaction score
I don't quite trust myself to re grill the cabinet, and like the stealth grill to much to mask it with black

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
Back in my graffiti days id use this stuff to get paint splatter off my shoes and jackets. Something similar might work.

images

Like mentioned, you could just spray it black, but if you just spray the red part, it won't magically look the same. You'd want to remove the grill and evenly coat the entire face with a flat (matte) black and give it a day to dry before handling

IcarusLives

Reaction score
When I pick it up at ups this afternoon, I'll get a feel for the material and the red paint. Then see if anyone has any info

IcarusLives

Reaction score
Turns out it was the fact the cab was oddly lit. Cab is in flawless shape. Expect NGD thread in the near future

Reaction score
What? haha wow.

Awesome news for you.

Too bad it has a GHOST....much bigger problem actually.

IcarusLives

Reaction score
I don't think it's haunted. I think I got the ex-girlfriend special. Someone pissed their girl off, and she sold his gear to guitar center

')