Reparations.

• Thread starter Karmaic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karmaic

Reaction score
If you havent heard, some promising 2020 democratic presidential candidates are pushing for reparations for slavery. So, how much are you willing to pay out of your paycheck, to african americans for the slavery their ancestors endured? 5%? 10%? 25%? Or a more reasonable and loving, 75%?

Post your support for reparations and lets get this done. In reality, we dont even have to wait for legislation to pass. We can set up a Reparations gofundme and get the ball rolling via the members here, with a continuing monthly donation. Whos with me?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nick

Reaction score
Haha i cant see this thread lasting long.

I'm not american so Im removed from the situation but in the very unlikely circumstance that you are being even half serious I think you are simplifying things a little too much. I dont think that people should be getting cash in their pockets as a result of this but there should be systems in place to help them out with education and other social measures so they can help themselves out of what could be generations of difficulty due to the fact their ancestors were forcibly enslaved.

I dont think any rational person can be that unhappy with that.

Also ancestors needs to be used loosely here - when I think of ancestors I think of Picts/Vikings etc as I am Scottish. There are people alive today who's grandparents were enslaved.

Yul Brynner

Custom title
Reaction score
I thought it said preparations.

I think a lot better idea would be if we just made white people slaves for a few hundred years. That's the only way to settle this once and for all.

Nick

Reaction score
no lock, I want to see what this guy has to say for himself. Once its confirmed he's an idiot and not just misguided then lock it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.