Replace fixed bridge with a trem?

CrossingTheEventHorizon

Reaction score
I have an Ibanez rg7321 and I actually love it. It's an amazing guitar for the price, but I have one major problem with it... It has a fixed bridge! Is there any decently simple way I can put some kind of trem on this guitar without having to tear the body apart and route out the back and such?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Miek

POSTING ON INTERNET
Reaction score
There's an RG7320 coming out soon, which is basically the 7321 with a trem, albeit a less than stellar one afaik. Otherwise, you're going to be routing a bunch out of the face of the guitar if you want to go Kahler, and if you want to go with some kind of Floyd design, you're going to have to route even more. It'd probably be cheaper to buy the 7320.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Adding a floating trem is never a cheap undertaking. Will cost you more than the 7321 is worth. If you need a trem, sell the 7321 and look for a used 7620. That way you won's spend a ton more money and you will make a drastic step up in the quality of the guitar.

Dead Undead

New again
Reaction score
Adding a floating trem is never a cheap undertaking. Will cost you more than the 7321 is worth. If you need a trem, sell the 7321 and look for a used 7620. That way you won's spend a ton more money and you will make a drastic step up in the quality of the guitar.

This. :yesway:

Changing Fixed Bridge to trem is more hassle than you want. Costly, and you lose tone.

')