Replacement Neck Options for Jackson Build Project

sell2792

Reaction score
After over a decade of wanting another Jackson COW I’ve decided to look into just building my own as a fun project. Having a body made or modifying an existing Jackson body doesn’t really seem to be an issue. However, it seems nearly impossible to find a high quality aftermarket neck that will fit unless I somehow modify the neck pocket to match that of a Stratocaster.

By chance, is anyone here familiar with a company that makes aftermarket necks that would fit a late 90’s - early 2010’s Jackson Dinky body? Ideally I’m looking for a 25.5” neck with ebony fretboard, no inlays and a reverse headstock. If it already has a Floyd Rose locking nut, even better. Assuming I’m stuck going the custom shop route, a flamed maple neck would be dope too.

If I’m able to pull this off, I will build my own COW with a few twists. Instead of the red blue pearl finish, I’ve been leaning towards the flamboyant pink with gold flake finish that ESP has done in the past with gold hardware to match. I will stick with a single pickup (Fishman KSE for 6 or Abasi for 7) and minimal controls. Likely just an LED killswitch, three-way toggle for voicings, and possibly an EMG Afterburner (AB or AB220). I think an EMG RPC or SPC would be cool too, though I’m not sure if those are compatible with Fishmans. Lastly, if I go simple it’ll have a TOM with a stop tail or, preferably, I will go with a Kahler Professional (2300?).

Any thoughts, suggestions, opinions, etc. are greatly appreciated as always. Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
If you're fine with rosewood and non-MOP inlays, you can find old MIJ pro series necks on reverb/eBay all the time.

If you really want a new one, built to specs, then I think Musikraft makes compatible ones.

lost_horizon

Reaction score
After over a decade of wanting another Jackson COW I’ve decided to look into just building my own as a fun project. Having a body made or modifying an existing Jackson body doesn’t really seem to be an issue. However, it seems nearly impossible to find a high quality aftermarket neck that will fit unless I somehow modify the neck pocket to match that of a Stratocaster.

By chance, is anyone here familiar with a company that makes aftermarket necks that would fit a late 90’s - early 2010’s Jackson Dinky body? Ideally I’m looking for a 25.5” neck with ebony fretboard, no inlays and a reverse headstock. If it already has a Floyd Rose locking nut, even better. Assuming I’m stuck going the custom shop route, a flamed maple neck would be dope too.

If I’m able to pull this off, I will build my own COW with a few twists. Instead of the red blue pearl finish, I’ve been leaning towards the flamboyant pink with gold flake finish that ESP has done in the past with gold hardware to match. I will stick with a single pickup (Fishman KSE for 6 or Abasi for 7) and minimal controls. Likely just an LED killswitch, three-way toggle for voicings, and possibly an EMG Afterburner (AB or AB220). I think an EMG RPC or SPC would be cool too, though I’m not sure if those are compatible with Fishmans. Lastly, if I go simple it’ll have a TOM with a stop tail or, preferably, I will go with a Kahler Professional (2300?).

Any thoughts, suggestions, opinions, etc. are greatly appreciated as always. Thanks!
On natural Jackson's reverse headstock is pretty rare, maybe 1%?

Warmoth used to do a Jackson neck, ebony with shark tooth inlays, only ever seen one for sale.

Most luthiers would be able to shop one up. E.g. String Pluckery, they can scan the original and even grade the dimensions to make it baritone etc. pluses of CNC is it is pretty much exact neck carve.

sell2792

Reaction score
On natural Jackson's reverse headstock is pretty rare, maybe 1%?

Warmoth used to do a Jackson neck, ebony with shark tooth inlays, only ever seen one for sale.

Most luthiers would be able to shop one up. E.g. String Pluckery, they can scan the original and even grade the dimensions to make it baritone etc. pluses of CNC is it is pretty much exact neck carve.
Warmoth makes a Jackson style neck with a tiny nub on it that can easily be sanded off. The problem is that it’s designed to fit a Strat neck pocket, not a Dinky which isn’t the same.

Pingu

NOOT NOOT
Reaction score
Check out KnE guitars. I believe they do Jackson bodies with Strat neck pockets as an option? They also make necks.

Latest posts

')