Replacing OEM Jackson Tuners with Hipshot Locking Tuners

• Thread starter Vyn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know the string post length of the OEM Jackson tuners off-hand? Looking at upgrading mine to a set of open-gear hipshot locking tuners. Also curious if I'll have to do some drilling on the tuner holes themselves or if it's just going to be a bolt-on mod.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you not have the guitar in hand? Can't you measure?

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Do you not have the guitar in hand? Can't you measure?

I normally would however I've recently been broken into and had a bunch of tools stolen including my set of verniers :( Have another set on order but they don't get here for a few weeks, was hoping to place an order with Hipshot this week for tuners and a new TOM bridge piece with fingers crossed it'll all rock up at once haha. If not I'll just chill and wait.

Richard_Aaron

Reaction score
I normally would however I've recently been broken into and had a bunch of tools stolen including my set of verniers :( Have another set on order but they don't get here for a few weeks, was hoping to place an order with Hipshot this week for tuners and a new TOM bridge piece with fingers crossed it'll all rock up at once haha. If not I'll just chill and wait.

Did the Hipshot Tuners lineup on the Jackson? Was a Monarkh? I'm looking for drop in tuners for my Jackson Monarkh.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Which Jackson tuners. USA? Import?

1 - USA stock tuners are rebranded Gotoh SG381, so you can get their exact measurements on Gotoh's website and compare. I'd say import ones have the same dimensions but I'm not 100% sure.

2 - You will have to drill holes. They don't match with Hipshots. I put Gotoh Locking tuners on mine since they are a drop-in replacement. The SG510s are their top tier set and have aluminum button option, which saves some weight if that matters to you.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
2 - You will have to drill holes. They don't match with Hipshots. I put Gotoh Locking tuners on mine since they are a drop-in replacement. The SG510s are their top tier set and have aluminum button option, which saves some weight if that matters to you.

Unless you use the UMP system, which is what I did.

')