Replacing tremolo with wrap around bridge

• Thread starter Selvmord
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Selvmord

Reaction score
is this possible? its a floyd rose version of a tremolo. i just didnt want to go the tremol-no route.

i know it looks possible but i guess the issue is making sure which bridge would work with the existing posts.

also its a NJ bc rich mockingbird if that helps at all.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Darkstar124

Strongman
Reaction score
Well the postholes on floyd routes are gonna be generally smaller than those for a wraparound, and also farther apart. If you're serious about it, you can fill the floyd holes and drill out new ones for the wraparound, otherwise I'd say you're S.O.L. I can't think of anything thats just gonna fit offhand. Best of luck though!

veshly

Reaction score
Some people have filled the cavities with wood blocks and glue/filler then re-drilled whatever holes they needed.

Not sure how well it works or how stable it is.

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
Some people have filled the cavities with wood blocks and glue/filler then re-drilled whatever holes they needed.

Not sure how well it works or how stable it is.

If done properly, 100% stable and it will work fine; it -could- look ugly if you dont refinish it though.

')