Repost: Pedals you want/need

• Thread starter soundgardener75
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
I've finally made the jump from amp + pedals to only using fully integrated systems (Prophesy and PODxt-Pro for now, Axe-Fx in the near future), so for me, pedals I want / need? None.

As much as I've created a lot of great tones by combining different overdrive pedals (and noise gates) with different amps, I absolutely hate having more cables / pedals / adapters around than what is really necessary. It's a real pain (IMO) heading to practice or a gig, and having to set your cab down, then set your head on your cab, then bring in your pedalboard, plug everything in to power, hook up all your pedals appropriately with your amp... etc, etc, let alone having to cart all that junk around. It's something I really no longer have the patience for.

Now, I just have cab / rack / guitar, and nothing else, and I haven't been happier in a long time. Being able to carry my entire rig from my car to wherever it's going in 1 trip: priceless.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Now, I just have cab / rack / guitar, and nothing else, and I haven't been happier in a long time. Being able to carry my entire rig from my car to wherever it's going in 1 trip: priceless.

Mine is the same now but I still need 3 trips :lol:

Tukaar

Bringer of DOOOOOOOM
Reaction score
At The Gates did the HM-2 -> MT-2 thang. Fecking crazy.

As far as pedals that I want, I really like The Sword's tone on Age of Winters, so I'm gunning for a Maxon DS830 Distortion Master. Funding is issue, however...

Forced Chaos

Reaction score
These are the remaining pedals I want:

1. MXR 10 band EQ for the loop.
2. MXR EVH Phaser.
3. Tech 21 D.L.A.
4. Maxon 9 series OD to replace my SD-1.

Then I'll be done (yeah right!).

brutus627

Givah some!
Reaction score
my isp decimator that's supposed to be arriving later today...ENGL ultra gain=noisy w/o a noise gate, but outside of that i don't see wanting any other pedal cept maybe a carbon copy delay but i don't even think i'll bother.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
I'm pretty much covered, but I don't mind extra additions:

Vox Ice 9 Overdriver is the top of my list.
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Harmony Man
Custom Audio Electronics switching system

Then maybe a few more delay pedals. I wouldn't mind another Vox Time Machine actually. :lol:

Despised_0515

Bassist of Redivider
Contributor
Reaction score
I feel these are almost a necessity and are close on my GAS list:
Line 6 DL4
Maxon CP101
ISP Decimator G-String

These may be thrown in later after most of my gear hauling it complete:
Malekko Chicklet Reveb
Morley Mini Volume
MXR 10-Band EQ
TC Electronic Nova Delay
EHX Micro POG
Wampler Clean Buffer

and that's all I really feel I'll be aiming for... although I'd love a ton of delays and dirtboxes at my disposal, it's just something I'm better off not thinking about before I end up dirt poor :lol:

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
Compressor, noise suppressor, volume pedal, signal splitters, signal blenders, a few distortions, micro POG, wah.

EDIT: also, Supercollider Beast

')