Result of my home recording.

byte6669

The Death Metal Dude
Reaction score
Hi there,
earlier this year, me and my friend have decided that we could try to record some stuff on our own. So I gathered some stuff for the record session and few days we were recording the stuff.

For the guitars I used Jackson KVXMG (Seymour Duncan Invader in bridge and Distortion in neck) > my main amp - Laboga Mr. Hector with Harley Benton G212 Vintage (V30 speakers) box > Shure SM57 mic > some M-Audio external sound card > PC. Sound is very interesting, for bass I used my friend's ESP-LTD B-55 and some 20w Ampeg combo. Drums are just artificial programmed by me on PC. Vocals are not yet recorded, cause I need to complete the lyrics...

If you could post some responses with opinions on this song Id be very glad.
Here is SoundCloud link: https://soundcloud.com/martinus-sukhoi/realms-of-chaos-spawn

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ibzzus

Jangle/shoegaze-core
Reaction score
Sounds pretty kick ass to me. The blast beats around 00:35 don't sound so good. I feel the song overall has too much snare in it. Try to be a little more creative with the drums would be my only suggestions as far as composition is concerned.

Mix wise, I like it but I feel that snare cuts in a little too much, especially since you use it so much. Bring the fader down a bit on that snare.

ace_operations

Reaction score
I would "humanize" the drums a bit in terms of note timing and velocities. It's easy to tell it's been programmed without reading the text in your post. Pretty hardcore... keep rockin'!

Reaction score
Badass. I wouldn't notice things sometimes if people didn't point them out......the snare usage doesn't bother me at all.

')