Retarded cheap price on base model JP6.

• Thread starter yellowv
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan-ZenGtr-

Reaction score
JPX = painted neck + MAHOGANY fingerboard (!!!!!??????!!!!!!??????) with EBONY inlays (??????!!!!!????????!!!!!)

:nono:

Real guitars have unfinished necks and ebony boards...

Also, the old models are good, too. They're really cheap used. Bad quality control on the wiring, but a bit of soldering and your good to go.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

espman

Is beardless....
Reaction score
JPX = painted neck + MAHOGANY fingerboard (!!!!!??????!!!!!!??????) with EBONY inlays (??????!!!!!????????!!!!!)

Also, the old models are good, too. They're really cheap used. Bad quality control on the wiring, but a bit of soldering and your good to go.
:spock: Not sure where you heard that, but JPX's have mahogany necks and ebony fingerboards. Also to the "real guitars" comment, its personal preference, there's plenty of people that prefer painted necks and Maple boards .

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score

This post = retarded nonsense

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
:spock: Not sure where you heard that, but JPX's hace mahogany necks and ebony fingerboards. Also to the "real guitars" comment, its personal preference, there's plenty of people that prefer painted necks and Maple boards .

:agreed: I would prefer solid maple necks with Tung Oil and Maple fretboards on every guitar I own any day of the week. We all have different preferences as to what feels "right."

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score

None of the JP models that have ebony fretboards (JPX and JPXI) have unfinished necks. Only the standard models have unfinished necks (BFR too?), and those have rosewood fretboards.

edit: I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that your post was just a poorly worded and mistaken correction to something on the Amazon listing, not a value judgement about the construction of guitars in general.

MatthewK

Reaction score
They had fully loaded mystic dream JP6s for $14xx and I got a fully loaded JP7 in pearl redburst from them for $1500. If you're at all interested in EBMM guitars keep an eye on amazon, they seem to screw the prices up on them fairly often for some reason.

None of the JP models that have ebony fretboards (JPX and JPXI) have unfinished necks. Only the standard models have unfinished necks (BFR too?), and those have rosewood fretboards.

The ones with roasted maple necks have ebony fretboards.

Elijah

Reaction score
Son of a bitch.... I probably would have bought one just to try and sell it for a little more :lol:

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
They had fully loaded mystic dream JP6s for $14xx and I got a fully loaded JP7 in pearl redburst from them for $1500. If you're at all interested in EBMM guitars keep an eye on amazon, they seem to screw the prices up on them fairly often for some reason.

The ones with roasted maple necks have ebony fretboards.

Yeah but the roasted maple necks have a poly finish on them that is just like having a painted neck.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
At least twice this month. Worth keeping an eye on for sure.

Dead Undead

New again
Reaction score
Yeah but the roasted maple necks have a poly finish on them that is just like having a painted neck.

I really dislike that about the roasted necks.

I won't buy a JP without a piezo, but that deal may have been too good to pass up.

')