Retro 7 string

• Thread starter guidedbyechoes
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guidedbyechoes

Reaction score
I recently came across the Dan Electro Mod 7. It's a pretty strange guitar that has lipstick style pickups. MOD I don't think I can play metal with it, but given I have an agile 727 with high out put Seymour Duncan pickups and a PRS 7, I think I have it covered.

So what other more vintage centered tone sevens are out there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
DeArmond had some 7-strings based on the Guild S-100 and S-200.

7836-1.jpg

IMG_1166.jpg

The Squier Strat VII

full

Agile Texan 7

t7nat1.jpg

Agile Sentinel 7

sentinel725natash1.jpg

guidedbyechoes

Reaction score
Wow that first one is really funky looking. But thanks I have a few things to check out now. I know there are a ton of after market seven string humbuckers. Have you ever replaced a single coil? I imagine that's a pretty small market.

celticelk

Reaction score
Wow that first one is really funky looking. But thanks I have a few things to check out now. I know there are a ton of after market seven string humbuckers. Have you ever replaced a single coil? I imagine that's a pretty small market.

Go search in the Pickups subforum - we've had a couple of threads on 7-string singles. There are a few boutique manufacturers who make them.

PFlynn

Reaction score
I was so close to having an S-67 as my first 7 string. Thought I had less in my bank account at the time than I really did. Still bummed about that. Haven't seen a gun metal grey one since then. +1 for the Squier Start VII too.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
After last NAMM or maybe the one before, someone posted some pictures some seven string Paul Rhoney guitars, look really cool and more 'vintage styled' I'm definitely a big fan.

Not cheap though.

tmRfRcJ.jpg

WZhMb3D.jpg

guidedbyechoes

Reaction score
After last NAMM or maybe the one before, someone posted some pictures some seven string Paul Rhoney guitars, look really cool and more 'vintage styled' I'm definitely a big fan.

Not cheap though.

tmRfRcJ.jpg

WZhMb3D.jpg

If it was white and didn't have actives, that guitar would be :eek:

celticelk

Reaction score
^^^ Tom Drinkwater from Oakland Axe Factory is spinning up a Jazzmaster ERG model as well, which might be of interest to you.

guidedbyechoes

Reaction score
^^^ Tom Drinkwater from Oakland Axe Factory is spinning up a Jazzmaster ERG model as well, which might be of interest to you.

Yeah I'm surprised that there aren't a bunch more shapes. I think there are only around 10 production models total with the telecaster shape in the erg realm.

guidedbyechoes

Reaction score
I tried one of the dan electro guitars and it felt really cheaply made. I also played a hagstrom super swede that blew it away. Unfortunately they don't make seven string guitars.

Relinquish69

Reaction score
In actually getting a custom offset Jazzmaster shaped 7 string guitar made. Hope it turns out good

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Go search in the Pickups subforum - we've had a couple of threads on 7-string singles. There are a few boutique manufacturers who make them.

Duncan will make them, too.

Smoked Porter

Reaction score
Paul Rhoney

Ooo, it's like a Fender Jaguar with a slight hint of ESP Horizon-III. Don't care for the tortoise pickguard, but I really like it otherwise. Love your avatar by the way, it's one of my go-to beers that's just great anytime. Stuff is so refreshing.

Stereordinary

Reaction score
If it was white and didn't have actives, that guitar would be :eek:

Ooo, it's like a Fender Jaguar with a slight hint of ESP Horizon-III. Don't care for the tortoise pickguard, but I really like it otherwise.

For what it's worth, you could order one in any color, with any color pickguard, and those pickups aren't active, they're just under active style covers. Also, I'm in development on new models that are more affordable (not cheap still, but less than what the current standard line runs), and a multiscale seven string is among that crop.

')