Returning Agile Spetor Elite 827

• Thread starter PigTrough
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PigTrough

Reaction score
Well boys, I recieved this guitar 2 days ago and I am returning it. I am extremely dissapointed...

Problems:

-I adjusted the truss rod due to excessive fret buzz on f# string and neck bow with the supplied allen wrench and the hole STRIPPED OUT. Unacceptable. I am not alone with this, another dude on SS.org had same issue:
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/extended-range-guitars/150335-agile-truss-rod-s-sadness.html

-The strings between the nut and tuners vibrate alot if you play and then stop. This can be fixed with tieing something around headstock (like a sock) or putting a piece of foam in between headstock and strings, but come on...

-Knobs and 3 way switch feel cheap.

Things I just do not like:

-The front is solid white but the back is this translucent white and you can see the different wood grain and stripes all the way down the guitar.
-Guitar just does not feel solid to me. This is my opinion but I briefly played and ESP LTD 8 for half the price and it just felt like a more solid guitar.

The saddest part is, I really was ready to work around all of the qwerks but the stripped truss rod put me over the edge. This guitar is just not up to the quality that I expected out of an $850 guitar. Another major bummer is there is no other 8 string on the market as of yet that has all of my wants: white neck thru body, emgs or SD blackouts, reverse headstock, no fretboard markers, and 27 or 28 inch scale. I hope this will help with your decision to buy one of these knock off brand guitars.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Yikes... I'm always interested in these guitars but threads like this freak me out

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Ppl get duds from Ibanez and other companies as well... Lesson learned. Sorry to hear about it, but it happens...

I'm kinda starting to wonder wtf ppl on here mean when they say a guitar "doesn't feel solid" now also...

I've owned several Agiles and had no problems. Also... :lol: @ "knock off brand guitars"... Doesn't Kurt let you return it for a refund? You could probably stand to calm down a tad...

One more thing... Why the hell did you post this twice?

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/ex...d-8-string-agile-septor-elite-827-w-emgs.html

MannyMoonjava

Figgjo Fallout Shelter Wizardry
Reaction score
Sad to hear.. My agile arrived with a rather light necktwist and unplayable action. After the setup and adjustments it played like heaven.

It's sad that you might end up with a shitty guitar once you go agile. Overall they are great instruments if you get hold of a good one. You should definitely ask for a new guitar.

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
Ppl get duds from Ibanez and other companies as well... Lesson learned. Sorry to hear about it, but it happens...

I'm kinda starting to wonder wtf ppl on here mean when they say a guitar "doesn't feel solid" now also...

I've owned several Agiles and had no problems. Also... :lol: @ "knock off brand guitars"... Doesn't Kurt let you return it for a refund? You could probably stand to calm down a tad...

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/ex...d-8-string-agile-septor-elite-827-w-emgs.html

+1

I understand you're frustrated, but Kurt is absolutely great to deal with. When guitars are mass produced, there's no way to catch every single flaw. I've seen plenty of threads about duds from Ibanez, as well. If you like the guitar, send it back and get a replacement, or if you really think it's such a piece of shit, just get your money back and buy something that's right for you.

GizmoJunior

Reaction score
Seems like you got a lemon but don't let it ruin your whole opinion on the company. This can happen with company and i've heard Kurt is a stand up guy. I'm sure he will take care of any problems. You might just wanna try another one out before ditching it completely.

Reaction score
quite a few guitars have the problem of the strings ringing out behind the nut, including higher end ones, and in the pictures on the site you can clearly see that the back is translucent so that should not have been that big of a shocker. just return it and get a new one.

Reaction score
...you don't like it because you can see the wood on the back? It's like that in the pictures on Rondo, what did you expect? :|

+1 for returning it and asking Kurt for a replacement. People give Agile all this shit they don't deserve because they're a smaller production company. Every company has lemons. Ibanez, Schecter, ESP, even custom luthiers do. It's still a shame this happened to you though man.

PigTrough

Reaction score

I understand duds can happen, fact of life. Also, nothing but professionalism from Kurt @ Rondo Music. I emailed for a refund last night and I heard back first this this morning, shipping label emailed to me and a full refund.

As far as the guitar, I am somewhat biased in that I like heavy guitars and this is a bit lighter. I did not notice the stripes on the back from the pics online(they didn't bother me that much). I just feel that all these things together from the original post plus being shipped a defective item collectively leaves a bad taste of my opinion of Agiles. I am glad that some people have some they enjoy as they are real sick looking guitars, just not for me. \m/

BeeG

Reaction score
My 8 and 7 string turned out good thankfully. I will agree with the excessive ringing of the strings when you play really hard though.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I understand duds can happen, fact of life. Also, nothing but professionalism from Kurt @ Rondo Music. I emailed for a refund last night and I heard back first this this morning, shipping label emailed to me and a full refund.

As far as the guitar, I am somewhat biased in that I like heavy guitars and this is a bit lighter. I did not notice the stripes on the back from the pics online(they didn't bother me that much). I just feel that all these things together from the original post plus being shipped a defective item collectively leaves a bad taste of my opinion of Agiles. I am glad that some people have some they enjoy as they are real sick looking guitars, just not for me. \m/

That's pretty damn surprising you found it light. I always considered my Agiles to be heavy. :lol:

I usually play Ibanezes though and mine are typically really lightweight.

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
i think you just got a dud man. my interceptor 727 is one of the best playing/feeling guitars ive owned

Splinterhead

Sojourner
Contributor
Reaction score
I gotta agree. Someone dropped the ball on this one. Like everyone has said Kurt's a stand up guy and I'm sure he'll be more than willing to make it right. I had an issue with my first Agile and the process of the return and then a new purchase was flawless. I love my Pendulum Pro, plays like a dream. Even the big guys let a few slip through the cracks.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
^ +1

Maybe I'll snag that biotch off the site as a B Stock when you return it... :rofl:

Reaction score
Insists on a reverse headstock.

Complains about strings vibrating behind the nut.

tumblr_mb4chg5gE71qgd2ui.gif

Reaction score
I'm really at the point where I think the only people who complain about Agiles being shit are people that don't know anything about guitars. :lol:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I mean it's still entirely possible to get a dud, but I think sometimes Agile catches a bit more flack than is warranted.

PigTrough

Reaction score
I'm really at the point where I think the only people who complain about Agiles being shit are people that don't know anything about guitars. :lol:

No, I own an ibanez rg 6 and 7 string, and an esp eclipse, all very nice guitars. I also have been playing over 10 years. Even the cheap ibanez 7 i own i feel is a solid guitar. I clearly stated my reasons that the agile didn't work for me personally that doesn't mean others may not like them.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
-The strings between the nut and tuners vibrate alot if you play and then stop. This can be fixed with tieing something around headstock (like a sock) or putting a piece of foam in between headstock and strings, but come on...

:scratch:

You have played a guitar before right? Every single electric guitar in existence that doesn't have a dampener on it vibrates like this. Same goes for acoustic and classical guitars.

')