ReValver

• Thread starter Donnie
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

F1Filter

Contributor
Reaction score
I just took the plunge and got this. They're offering a 25% crossgrade discount; and an additional 5% "suck up" discount, if you want to be a shill for them and write something nice about Revalver.

Their approach to cabinet modeling is unique. In that it accepts convolution files. So there's a lot of possibilities right there. But I guess in the end it's going to depend on how you prefer to work. Some people are more comfortable working with a GUI that shows a little microphone floating around a speaker cabinet, instead of swapping in and out files like "12x4greenback_close.wav"

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
If I recall ReValver isnt so hot. I'd download it and see if you like before paying for it, because I think you might be disappointed.

F1Filter

Contributor
Reaction score
ReValver blew something hard. But that's really old technology now. ReValver MK II has only been out for about 5 months. Right now is getting a lot of praise on forums like KVR, as being the hi-gain plug in to use.

I'd say they're partially right based on the little amount of time I've spent with it so far. It definitely doesn't have the DSP capabilities like Guitar Rig 2 has. But it does have a lot more functionality than something like Amplitube 2.

Definitely try out the demo. I liked what I heard enough to take advantage of the 30% discount.

Alpo

Contributor
Reaction score
You can download it from the site. It's fully functional but adds some noise at times.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've got the original version bundled in with Sonar. I don't really use it for gutiar tracks, but it's kind of fun to use it to process things you wouldn't normally put through a guitar amp... :wub:

F1Filter

Contributor
Reaction score
Just something I discovered while tinkering around with this plugin. It's also a VST host. So you're not just limited to what's included in the rack.

This is awesome. So say you've got a plugin you swear by, like a PSP Vintage Warmer or whatever. You can insert it into the signal chain without any hassles. LOTS of possibilities here.

jeb

Reaction score
Hi folks...

I'm playing with revalver mkII for some days and.....

In my own opinion, this is the most realistic ampsim soft out there period.
For Hi Gain you can't get better than that and It so tweakable, we can even change the tube on those amps and preamps. And the IR cab sim is the better thing we can dream of. With the big community for the IR cab files sharing we can get anything we want.

I didn't buy it yet but I'll try to post some a/b test with my pod pro, amplitube2 and Revalver MKII.

So my order of choice for amp sim.
Revalver MKII/Amplitube 2
Pod pro

And for some crazy sounds and effects... guitar rig 2 is sick!!! hehe

Blackrg

Reaction score
+1:yesway:

I got the free Revalver II SE from Beat magazine (germany) for 6 euros, it beats Guitar Rig which has lots of nice dsp things the cabs are good, lots of celebs using it, but the amps blow imho. I plan to upgrade soon as i can find the £

Revalver has nailed the mesa and the marshall, which is enough for me, i dont need all the pedals in GR. You can use your own cab sims too, lots of good ones around on the net. If you are just practising or recording on a computer check it out, sounds good, the forum is good, the developer is on there all the time.

F1Filter

Contributor
Reaction score
Revalver has nailed the mesa and the marshall, which is enough for me, i dont need all the pedals in GR. You can use your own cab sims too, lots of good ones around on the net. If you are just practising or recording on a computer check it out, sounds good, the forum is good, the developer is on there all the time.

NI just came out with a new version of Guitar Rig. And based on the demos they've posted, they still aren't able to match what RV MkII sounds like (IMHO).

BTW. An interesting thread appeared on the Line6 forums. Somebody did a "blind taste test" over there, between one of Line6's products -vs- Revalver MkII. The results were surprising.

POD XT vs. Revalver MK II

jeb

Reaction score
Hi folks!!

I just want to let you know that I bought the soft today!!
172$ Canadian dollar with the crossgrade discount (I got 20% cause I have a pod pro and 5% for a little testimonial). It's so cheap for this awsome apps!!! Gonna try to post some clips asap!!

Jeb

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
:bump:

Graveyard bump time.

I just checked out the clips made using this and I'm impressed! The modeling sounds good, and the fact that you can load Impulses with it is sweet.

Trouble is....$241.68! :eek: I really want to get a hard copy of this....

F1Filter

Contributor
Reaction score
^ Wait a few weeks or so for the pricing info on Revalver MkIII. Peavey has bought out Alien Connections, and gave AC's R&D team their schematics in the process. So MkIII is going to have a plethora of Peaveys in it. :lol:

I'm actually looking forward to checking out how the 6505 and JSX models turn out.

108022103653-DSC_0280.JPG-Windows-Picture-and-Fax-Viewer.png

Winter NAMM: ReValver™ MKIII Sparks a Revolution in Modeling Software

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I friend of mine tried it and said that it puts Line6 stuff to shame. It will be interesting to hear some more about them.

')