Reverbs

• Thread starter mongey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Just wanted to share, stacking a Fathom into an Immerse II is pretty awesome. I imagine the big boi reverb units possibly solve this layered method though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

viifox

Reaction score
How is the meris7 or any other reverb compare to big sky? I'm also looking for a reverb pedal that does it all from the standard hall and plate reverbs to really lush ambient ones.
I thought the BigSky killed the M7.

I actually owned the M7 twice to give it a second chance. It just wasn't my cup of tea. Too metallic.
I also hate the controls and layout of Meris pedals. They're a huge pain in the ass, whereas the BigSky is super easy to operate and has an actual readout of the parameters.

Also, the Cloud mode on the BigSky is unbeatable, imo. Many pedals try to emulate it or do their own version, but Strymon did something magical with that Cloud mode. It's untouchable, and is one reason why it's still just as popular today as it was upon release.

But for more natural verbs, I think the Ventris also kills the M7.

Honestly, the M7 is great for creating weird fx, but I personally wouldn't use it as a go-to for anything else.

Last edited:

wakjob

Reaction score
Normally I'd recommend the Digitech Hardwire RV-7/Supernatural/Polara...
Closest you'll get to an old Lexicon in a pedal format.

But the words out on these, and the prices are starting to get stupid.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I thought the BigSky killed the M7.

I actually owned the M7 twice to give it a second chance. It just wasn't my cup of tea. Too metallic.
I also hate the controls and layout of Meris pedals. They're a huge pain in the ass, whereas the BigSky is super easy to operate and has an actual readout of the parameters.

Also, the Cloud mode on the BigSky is unbeatable, imo. Many pedals try to emulate it or do their own version, but Strymon did something magical with that Cloud mode. It's untouchable, and is one reason why it's still just as popular today as it was upon release.

But for more natural verbs, I think the Ventris also kills the M7.

Honestly, the M7 is great for creating weird fx, but I personally wouldn't use it as a go-to for anything else.

I was nervous to go from the strymon cloud to the fractal reverbs for that sumthin sumthin but I needed not worry :yesway:. I'm sure I have clips of just the FX8 somewhere.

But yeah Strymon generally knows what they're doing :lol:.

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
I was nervous to go from the strymon cloud to the fractal reverbs for that sumthin sumthin but I needed not worry :yesway:. I'm sure I have clips of just the FX8 somewhere.

But yeah Strymon generally knows what they're doing :lol:.

The Fractal reverbs are phenomenal.

I bought a Poly Digit because I heard it had Bricasti M7 reverbs. It didn’t actually come with them but they were a free DL so I did that. Holy shit they’re awesome—they’re more realistic convolution (IR) based so not as tweakable (on their own...but you can get crazy with the Digit) but they do sound amazing.

mongey

Reaction score
Managed to get a few play throughs on the empress before it was squirreled away for the Christmas pile and really happy with what I heard so far.

Can’t wait to really spend some time with it.

Eyelessfiend

Reaction score
The Big Sky is one of the best and most well rounded reverb pedals. If you have the room and power requirements then its awesome. I recently took my Big Sky off and replaced it with a Alexander Space Race and a Mr. Black Bloodmoon. The Strymon took up so much room and I was not huge on using it live but its amazing. Cloud mode alone is worth the price

Gmork

Reaction score
Anyone use a matthews effects cosmonaut?? Seems super cool. I wonder how lush and 3d it sounds

gnoll

Reaction score
Normally I'd recommend the Digitech Hardwire RV-7/Supernatural/Polara...
Closest you'll get to an old Lexicon in a pedal format.

But the words out on these, and the prices are starting to get stupid.

Wow.

The Polara must have been very recently discontinued because I was considering one of those (new) about a year ago, and now already the prices on used ones are jacked up?

What the hell?

If there's that sort of demand, why would they discontinue it in the first place?

This doesn't make any sense to me. Prices on used gear just seem insane these days. What is going on, seriously???

Shask

Reaction score
Wow.

The Polara must have been very recently discontinued because I was considering one of those (new) about a year ago, and now already the prices on used ones are jacked up?

What the hell?

If there's that sort of demand, why would they discontinue it in the first place?

This doesn't make any sense to me. Prices on used gear just seem insane these days. What is going on, seriously???
Digitech and DOD are pretty much dead and gone at this point.

gnoll

Reaction score
Digitech and DOD are pretty much dead and gone at this point.

Ok but that doesn't explain why their reverbs are the new Klon.

I'm so sick of gear and how it all just defies all logic and reason in every possible and most annoying way.

Shask

Reaction score
Ok but that doesn't explain why their reverbs are the new Klon.

I'm so sick of gear and how it all just defies all logic and reason in every possible and most annoying way.
Digitech and Lexicon were owned by the same company, and Samsung bought them out and are basically killing the brands. Lexicon is world famous for reverbs, and the Digitech pedals were the only ones that had that legacy built into them. Now that they are gone, people are buying them up.

gnoll

Reaction score
Digitech and Lexicon were owned by the same company, and Samsung bought them out and are basically killing the brands. Lexicon is world famous for reverbs, and the Digitech pedals were the only ones that had that legacy built into them. Now that they are gone, people are buying them up.

Yeah that I know, but it's still ridiculous, isn't it?

It's not like a Digitech pedal is gonna sound the same as the old Lexicons units. And it's not like other reverb algorithms can't also sound nice and Lexicon-vibey. I remember listening to clips of the pedal and it sounded nice which was why I got interested in it, but this just seems ridiculous. Because it's loosely connected to the mythical Lexicon everybody must have it and just a short time after being discontinued it's already ridiculously expensive?

Come on...

Tell me with a straight face this makes sense.

How many guitar players have even used a Lexicon unit?

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
People are buying up digitech pedals? Hm

Bearitone

Reaction score
Happens all the time with gear. Popularity shoots up as soon as something is discontinued and all of sudden that gear has some hidden mojo that isn’t “and could never be” replicated anywhere else. A lot of times (not all) it is not about the gear actually sounding good. It’s scarcity.

That said there’s totally some discontinued shit I want. Like the Orange DD100. I tried the 50 and that shit is nuts.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Happens all the time with gear. Popularity shoots up as soon as something is discontinued and all of sudden that gear has some hidden mojo that isn’t “and could never be” replicated anywhere else. A lot of times (not all) it is not about the gear actually sounding good. It’s scarcity.

That said there’s totally some discontinued shit I want. Like the Orange DD100. I tried the 50 and that shit is nuts.
Did the DD not get enough youtube love? Seems like an awesome amp.

Shask

Reaction score
Yeah that I know, but it's still ridiculous, isn't it?

It's not like a Digitech pedal is gonna sound the same as the old Lexicons units. And it's not like other reverb algorithms can't also sound nice and Lexicon-vibey. I remember listening to clips of the pedal and it sounded nice which was why I got interested in it, but this just seems ridiculous. Because it's loosely connected to the mythical Lexicon everybody must have it and just a short time after being discontinued it's already ridiculously expensive?

Come on...

Tell me with a straight face this makes sense.

How many guitar players have even used a Lexicon unit?
People are just quick to buy up things when they know they cant get them anymore.

I actually got a RV-7 a year or 2 ago. I guess I had good timing, lol. It was "normal" priced at the time. Yes, I have a Lexicon MPX-1 also. Both sound awesome.

Bearitone

Reaction score
Did the DD not get enough youtube love? Seems like an awesome amp.
I have yet to hear a YouTube that showcases what a DD sounds like in person with a good guitar.

It’s all blues/rock wankers and Doom guys with garbage doom settings.

The DD to me sounds like Orange’s entry to the semi-modern “dark” saturated sounding brutal amps of the 90’s (Recto, 6505, SLO)

It rips for modern metal and Orange shot themselves in the foot for not showcasing that

Last edited:

Latest posts

')