Revocation

Chris Bowsman

Nu-Metal Apologist
Contributor
Reaction score
Sometime around a year ago, I accidentally stumbled across that video on Youtube. I was pretty meh about metal at the time, but that got me really back into it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lobee

vicioustabbing
Reaction score
What's the big deal? There are hundreds of bands like these guys...

How much of the song did you listen to? Name all these bands that manage to blend thrash, elements of tech death, groove, and feel-good blues shred, as well as Revocation do, that don't sound like a hot mess. Now how many of those bands play as a trio and totally fucking rip live?

There aren't many bands that appeal both to my inner 14 year old thrash/blues wank lover(without getting stale), and to my love of the more modern death sound plus melody and catchy riffs.

If you have the time, give them a chance and listen to more of their (brief) catalog. These dudes are great.:hbang:

Reactions: DLG

edsped

Reaction score
How much of the song did you listen to? Name all these bands that manage to blend thrash, elements of tech death, groove, and feel-good blues shred, as well as Revocation do, that don't sound like a hot mess. Now how many of those bands play as a trio and totally fucking rip live?

There aren't many bands that appeal both to my inner 14 year old thrash/blues wank lover(without getting stale), and to my love of the more modern death sound plus melody and catchy riffs.

If you have the time, give them a chance and listen to more of their (brief) catalog. These dudes are great.:hbang:
Seriously. Plus Dave can really fucking play. Nice chops, vibrato, ideas, tone. He's not another one trick shredder guy who just sweeps to oblivion.

Chris Bowsman

Nu-Metal Apologist
Contributor
Reaction score
The solo in that song is very old school Pantera-esque.

Valknut

Banned
Reaction score
Name all these bands that manage to blend thrash, elements of tech death, groove, and feel-good blues shred, as well as Revocation do, that don't sound like a hot mess.

Yeah. And honestly, If the guy knows a few that sound similar then I genuinely would like to hear them. If I could add a few more bands like revocation to my music library i would be fuckin stoked. And homie who started this thread was also asking for bands that sound similar to this one, so drop a few names dude.

Dvaienat

Reaction score
They are an excellent, technically skilled band.

I loved the first self released album, but just could not get into the second album.

"Exhumed Identity" is probably one of the finest melodic death/thrash songs ever, in my opinion.

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
I thought that was awful.

Saw them with Decrepit Birth and Vital Remains once and they were good performers, but the music doesn't have any flow or direction in my opinion.

Ckackley

Reaction score
Instrumentally that was pretty impressive. Hated the vocals but that lead was awesome. Mad props to them for not recording a rhythm guitar part under the lead and giving the bass player a chance to fill the area out.
Don't know how much of that I'd be able to listen to at a stretch because the song was full throttle all the time. I really dig more dynamics and song building. Impressive stuff though.

')