RG 8 Setup help

• Thread starter Hybrid138
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yournotalone

Ibanez + Carvin =
Reaction score
had the same problem with mine but just on the 8th and got it setup correctly and it still acted up, the only way to fix this would to take it to a luthier and have them check if the frets are level cause literally half a milimeter can cause buzzing and knowing how cheap the guitar is explains the fretwork

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hybrid138

Reaction score
Update: I've been able to intonate the higher 7 strings perfectly and there doesn't seem to be any buzz. The 8th string still has some buzz and intonation problems. I'm thinking a thicker string would probably be the answer. Theoretically, I would be able to have the action lower and that should help my intonation issues. I tuned my low E back up to standard F# and the intonation problem got better but still wasn't very good.

donray1527

djack of all trades
Reaction score
Update: I've been able to intonate the higher 7 strings perfectly and there doesn't seem to be any buzz. The 8th string still has some buzz and intonation problems. I'm thinking a thicker string would probably be the answer. Theoretically, I would be able to have the action lower and that should help my intonation issues. I tuned my low E back up to standard F# and the intonation problem got better but still wasn't very good.

Yeah throw an 80 or 85 on there.

Latest posts

')