RG1077xl appreciation thread

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
Well, I am really enjoying this guitar, it's just so snappy sounding and tight, and plays great! I still haven't got it set up with my choice of retard heavy strings, but so far it is awesome!

I'd played a rg7421xl for a month or so, but really didn't like it that much. The sound was good, but there was just something about i didn't like, and I reckon it was the fixeed bridge aspect of it all.

And the 1077xl has sorted that out nicely! As stated earlier, cannot wait to get it restrung!

So yes, in this thread we will appreciate a guitar that I really do think is amazing :) and show pictures of them (2077 also allowed, or any other rare ones as I know there was a salmon pinky flamey one that i saw years ago in denmark street that i wish I could have bought!)

2646edb969db922.jpg

2646edb96a22fef.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
i love the 3 single coil effect with that pickup color scheme
Ah, well, that's now gone, i removed the bobbin toppers as it didn't look right to me, so they're all black now. Still kicks ass though :)

The white knobs are getting replaced as well, as airport bagage handling manage to push the pot through the top of one (not good) Everything works, guitar is still mint, so i got lucky on that one. And that was with the whole guitar bubble wrapped inside the case.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Picture-011.jpg

This is what it looked like before the bobbin toppers and strat knobs

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Picture-011.jpg

mmmmm, that's what it shall look like again!
Aw, man, i waited 2 weeks for those fuckin' stickers!
sorry :/ but hey, the pickups are going, so it was inevitable! I just want to find the correct coloured knobs for it as they are a bitch to find!

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
if i can dig out the original knobs, want me to send them? I might still have them.

sorry :/ but hey, the pickups are going, so it was inevitable! I just want to find the correct coloured knobs for it as they are a bitch to find!

There were like 3$, its no big deal man :lol:

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Picture-011.jpg

Aw, man, i waited 2 weeks for those fuckin' stickers!

if i can dig out the original knobs, want me to send them? I might still have them.

There were like 3$, its no big deal man :lol:
:lol:

Iy have them, i'd love em! That'd be awesome! As replacing the lost knob on the 2027 just took ages to find ones that all matched! So yeah, if you've got them then that'd be well good!

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I had no idea you acquired that 1077XL from Metal Ken. I've always liked it however, if it were mine, i'd have all white pickups. :agreed:

Nice guitar and congrats! :hbang:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
He didnt get it from me, actually. i sold it to soma (old roommate) who sold it to eelblack who sold it to james. :lol:

Keep it in the family! /Anthrax

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
:lol: Wow, that guitar has been around! Nice to see it go to a good home though. It sure is nice. :yesway:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd still have it if it wasnt for the striking allure of the UV7BK ;p

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
DSCN0346.jpg

DSCN0348.jpg

DSCN0347.jpg

Almost forgot to chime in...lol. I cant wait to get another one of these, they fit me so perfectly! And yes, thats a 707 in the bridge and an 81-7 in the neck. HEY, it works for me, lol.

:hbang: :hbang: :hbang: :hbang: :hbang:

Krunch

Krunch SMASH
Reaction score
I love the 1077. It's one of my favorite 7s. I'd like to get one, but I have enough as it is and I don't really need it that badly.

I think it looks classy though, with the white binding and the solid blue and the offset dots.

')