RG1527 Refinish

• Thread starter Crescent2k6
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crescent2k6

Reaction score
Well guys I just finished putting the primer on. And the color I've chosen is...

Mirror Silver :D

7 String BRMR anyone?

Actually i have no clue if it'll actually end up being that reflective, but the sample in the store was that reflective so all i can do is hope. Just waiting for the primer to dry at the moment...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
Well guys I just finished putting the primer on. And the color I've chosen is...

Mirror Silver :D

7 String BRMR anyone?

Actually i have no clue if it'll actually end up being that reflective, but the sample in the store was that reflective so all i can do is hope. Just waiting for the primer to dry at the moment...

Sounds like a cool concept. I hope it works out! It's gonna be a bitch keeping it clean though! :lol: Good luck with the finish process!!! :yesway:

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
dude, the newer mirrored simuchrome paints are fucking awesome, and if done right, can be IIRC 96.something% as shiny as real chrome. thats still fucking shiny. i forget where i read that number though. i think the house of kolor website

Crescent2k6

Reaction score
Well i finished putting the finish on, but apparently i didn't sand the contours smooth enough. I also didn't clean the wood off enough so there was dust caught underneath and yeah it was basically a mess. So I decided to have some fun while the paint was still wet before I sanded it off I started carving words into the paint with the tip of a screwdriver and i was like hmm... that looks cool. So i went over the words again with a sharpie and went back and forth with the screwdriver texturing the paint. It looks pretty awesome right now and I'm probably going to keep it this way. It's become my work of art instead of just another finish. I'll have pics up soon :D

*Edit* Btw the finish didn't turn out like a mirror, it's more metallic silver than reflective silver.

Randomist

Reaction score
after a few more coats and sanding lightly with very fine grade paper every few, then a few coats of clear, then buffing and polishing thouroughly it would brobably take a more mirrored finish, if the finish came out less than silky smooth its already going to be a lot duller than it has the potential to be.

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds super cool anyways dude :yesway:
*Edit* Btw the finish didn't turn out like a mirror, it's more metallic silver than reflective silver.
What kind of paint did you use? did you buffer sand it between coats?

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
i want to see me some more pics

metalheadpunk

NUTRICULA
Contributor
Reaction score
fuck ya i love doing this. did it to a shitty strat to see if i could do it
DSC00012-1.jpg

<br> now i'm waiting to get an ibby 7 to do it to :metal: the linework is better in person, the pic (from my phone) blurred it.

')