RG1XXV

• Thread starter yellowv
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Don Vito

Reaction score
Went to GC last night. These models surprised me to say the least(in a good way)

Now I just need to decide on pink or yellow haha. I'll most likely go with pink for teh br00tz. These things are really on par with a lot of the MIJ ibbys I've played over time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mishabasi

Reaction score
played one the other day in yellow. It was a great playing guitar and i felt like an asshole playing jazzy licks through a fender tube amp with the guitar but it suited the style! the strings felt weird to me though. i didn't like it and i'm used to coated strings like elixers. The finish was perfect too and jeeze those things are BRIGHT looking.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Got to try out both the pink and yellow RGs. I was more impressed with the pink one, probably because it was set up better than the yellow (the guy claimed they were fresh from the box). The sound was also very good for both instruments.

Reaction score
The Premiums I tried felt similar to my Prestige. The trem was better than I expected. Fretwork was pretty good to, a lot better than normal Indo Ibanez guitars.

oremus91

Melodeth-er
Reaction score
Got to play the pink and yellow at GC. The setups were kinda bad but regardless the experience was great. My expectations were mediocre and I was blown away.. if it was fixed bridge I would have walked out with one for sure.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
btw, I just noticed this over at ibanez rulez

RG1, the 1 is significant, why? These will be the first of 4 different pairs to be released for the 25th Anniversary, 8 total. 2 new ones will be revealed for the Second Quarter, 2 for the 3rd, and 2 for the 4th. Maybe just different colors, maybe far different, there is no way to know but to wait and see. That doesn't mean don't buy one of these if you like them, you may not like any of the rest!

One wonders :)

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
There were some photos that people uncovered of the 2 and 3 quarter ones here a while back.
I went to look the other day though and the links were all broken or replaced with the RG1XXV :s

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
There were some photos that people uncovered of the 2 and 3 quarter ones here a while back.
I went to look the other day though and the links were all broken or replaced with the RG1XXV :s

Bummer, I'd like to have seen them. I'm kinda surprised by my premium so keeping my eyes open. (not hard to do with those colors!) :lol:

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
Tell me about it, The 2 and 3 ones weren't as interesting as the 1's so far. BUT keep in mind that they may not have been finalised or even legitimate pictures we saw.

Don Vito

Reaction score
Well, after I get back from my trip/cruise, I'm probably going going to pick the pink one up before some 14 year old tunes it to drop B and nicks the headstock on a Marshall MG stack. Ahhhhh Guitar Center. I could always order one online and save some money, but I'm kind of impatient.

CapinCripes

Trem Snob
Reaction score
the two i played today had black spots under the clear coat and the trem felt a bit junky, but the neck felt damn nice amazing fretwork all around. the inlays were a bit ehh looking though. all-together i was disappointed in them but i guess i wasn't the market they were going for anyway.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
After having mine for a week I can solidly say I love it. It has it's little flaws, but it plays and sounds great. I have actually also come to love the EZII trem. I think it felt a little weird to me at first due to the ZPS. After messing with it a bunch and going apeshit crazy with the trem I can say it's a nice unit. How it will hold up to time we will see, but it seems like a good piece.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
After having mine for a week I can solidly say I love it. It has it's little flaws, but it plays and sounds great. I have actually also come to love the EZII trem. I think it felt a little weird to me at first due to the ZPS. After messing with it a bunch and going apeshit crazy with the trem I can say it's a nice unit. How it will hold up to time we will see, but it seems like a good piece.

I too am really happy with the ez2 so far. I actually like it much more than the edge zero on my much more expensive prestige.

VigierUSA

Reaction score
I just have to express how much I love the colors on these guitars... I am a sucker for bright shiny stuff :D

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
A lot of good/bad RG comments... what about the S1XXV model? I was thinking about pulling the trigger on a froggy green one...

DV016_Jpg_Large_H78782.002_fluorescent_green.jpg

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
USPS tracking says in transit to destination still.
Keep your eyes peeled for a thread in the next few days though :)

')