RG2228 £719 NEW!

• Thread starter machine_head1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
FUCKING HELL!!!!! :scream: That's STUPID cheap, especially for the UK!! Jesus Christ man nice find!! But you're also a bastard, because I'm seriously sitting here thinking of the shit I could sell just to buy it :lol:

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Goddamn awesome price.

But it's £719 more than I even have:lol::(

machine_head1

Reaction score
I wish i had the money for it like. i was looking for the 6 stringers on there and saw that.

Neil

Reaction score
Are they a reliable seller? I wont end up with a chibanez in my hands? lol

Diogene303

Reaction score
Hey,

Yup i got my rg2228 from guitar village ...i paid £899 for it , and yes i've seen this price for it already .....it will go by the end of the week as i know the guys that run the shop very well and brought loads of amps , guitars from them and always do a good deal.

Diogene

P'.s Some of the ESP's are at a good price also i see !

blues-core

Reaction score
Very tempted of picking this up and getting rid of the RG7321. The only thing that's making me think about it is that I don't think I use the F# that much in my new band, although I've beening tuning GDADGAD and GDADGBE quite a lot.

Need to find some samples of the RG2228 being used with a Fireball

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
You could just drop it and harmonize with an octave down note from time to time. I do that with my 5 string bass in drop A in my classic rock band :)

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
I bought a USA Custom RG from them at the start of this year.

I wasn't happy.

When I got it, they had just put it in a crappy hard case within a box. No padding and the guitar was moving about inside it.

It's condition was not what they described (they described it as in good conditon) but it looked like shit with rust, dents and scratches everywhere.

The biggest shock was when I looked at the neck. I took it off the body and it was an RG750 neck, not the USA custom neck it should of had. Which they had failed to inform me. The strings were kinked to hell and even after putting a new bridge in to try and get it to stay in tune, it still never stayed in tune.

This could just be one bad experience out of thousands of deals they've done but it's left a sour taste.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah it was. I was expecting some wear, but not the extent of what this one had. They said nothing about the neck being a replacement. Dirt was so caked on that I couldn't see most of the screw heads. Just a simple sentence saying the neck wasn't original, a quick clean and some bubble wrap wouldn't of taken much effort.

machine_head1

Reaction score
well its not really their fault, they would only state what the seller described to them. just buy a brand new lol.

')