RG2228 Active to Passive Pot conversion question

• Thread starter Deaderzombie
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got my new pickups (Sentient and Pegasus Duncans) and I've read that regular size pots are too big to smoothly fit in and replace the 25k pots in my RG2228. Do I need to drill a larger cavity for bigger pots or are there pots that will fit it without any issues.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Regular set of Bourns pots fit just fine in my RG2228 when I switched to Lace awhile back. It was a 2007 model, so unless they've changed things I don't see you having a problem.

Have you looked inside the cavity yet? You should be able to tell.

Reaction score
Yeah I looked inside but I haven't done this kind of stuff yet so I'm not sure, I'll just get a regular set of pots and see how it goes, thanks!

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's absolutely nothing wrong with getting mini-pots, so feel free for piece of mind. I thought you might of had the regular pots on hand already.

vick1000

Reaction score
It's not the cavity, it's the shaft that's larger on full size pots. Just widen the hole a little, I use a dremel with the smaller sanding drum.

Latest posts

')