RG2228 mockup help?

• Thread starter Danxile
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Danxile

Reaction score
So I plan on buying an RG2228 in the near future and throwing my bkp cold sweats in it. While beautiful, I want to personalize the new axe by modding it but I'm not exactly sure what to do yet. My newest idea is to add a custom broken mirror RG style pickgaurd but I'm a little worried that it may look too flashy so I'd want to see a mockup first. Unfortunately I have no idea how to do a mockup so I turn to you ss.org. Somebody help me out please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stevemcqueen

Namby Pamby
Reaction score
Sand it down and repaint it! And if you are feeling especially creative you could carve out some bevels on the cutouts. I would practice on a cheap guitar first though. That is what I am currently doing to my old Squire Bullet.

ilmari

Reaction score
Here's a mockup for you. I Had to broke my mirror in order to get right kind of look for the pickguard and now my knuckles are bare and bleeding. :shred:

Attachments

• RG2228_mockup.jpg
    RG2228_mockup.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 285

Danxile

Reaction score
Here's a mockup for you. I Had to broke my mirror in order to get right kind of look for the pickguard and now my knuckles are bare and bleeding. :shred:

FUCKING AWESOME. Much better than what i thought i was going to get. Eternal thanks for that! I personally think it would look sick! Anybody else agree?

27duuude

Picky about tone
Reaction score
DO IT DO IT DO IT:scream:
That guitar will look soooooo sick if you did that. It would look so much better than the 3 million black ibanez's that are out there:lol:

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Now I'm gonna have to mod mine, so that when we jam it doesn't look so boring next to that!!!

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
UV888

Don't show Vai or he'll try and take credit for it :lol:

Naww but that does look pretty sick. It'd look better on a plain black finish rather than Galaxy black.

...I love Vai really :D

ilmari

Reaction score

Here's a crappy mockup of that. I think it would look good IRL, but it really needs the single coil in the middle to fill the void.

Attachments

• RG2228_mockup_uv.jpg
    RG2228_mockup_uv.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 124

ItWillDo

KGB Apparatchik
Reaction score
Here's a crappy mockup of that. I think it would look good IRL, but it really needs the single coil in the middle to fill the void.
I would get one. Though I really really like the look of the broken mirror pickguard more.

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score
UV888

Don't show Vai or he'll try and take credit for it :lol:

But Vai already declared that 8 was way too much for him when he came out with the Universe... But knowing him and the egocentric and unappreciative attitude he showed and gave me when I met him at a signing years ago, I wouldn't put it past him to try and take credit for something like that. :noway::rolleyes::noplease: Speaking from my own personal experience in meeting the guy and having him sign the RG7621 I had at the time.

That's really cool looking, but I still like this one for a UV8... ahull123's.
Ibanez-UV77RE.png

Or this would be cool shit too, with either the actives or passives... (attached pic below...)

Attachments

• ATB RG2228's 2-2.JPG
    ATB RG2228's 2-2.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 82
Reaction score
So I plan on buying an RG2228 in the near future and throwing my bkp cold sweats in it. While beautiful, I want to personalize the new axe by modding it but I'm not exactly sure what to do yet. My newest idea is to add a custom broken mirror RG style pickgaurd but I'm a little worried that it may look too flashy so I'd want to see a mockup first. Unfortunately I have no idea how to do a mockup so I turn to you ss.org. Somebody help me out please!

Member zimbloth had a RG2228 with a custom metal pickguard he made I think. There is a thread somewhere here if you search with all kinds of pictures.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
This thread is hilarious! :rofl:

I saw an actual RG2228 green dot that someone modded to such spec, green inlay, green tick logo, green pickups, solid black finish.

Looked amazing.

RockerAlex

Reaction score
I'd be interested in seeing a mockup of a RG2228 with pearl binding and a quilted maple top thing goin on ... but I've no clue how to do it.

ilmari

Reaction score
A iceman with blue flamed maple wings, maple/walnut neck and birds eyes maple fret board

Hey, this is a RG2228 mockup help thread, no Icemans here :D

I'd be interested in seeing a mockup of a RG2228 with pearl binding and a quilted maple top thing goin on ... but I've no clue how to do it.

It's time for another mockup.

Attachments

• RG2228_quilted_mockup.jpg
    RG2228_quilted_mockup.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 83
')