RG2228 Owners Check-In

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Plaschkes

Israeli 8 Stringer
Contributor
Reaction score
Checking in as-well.

The only 8 stringer in Israel. :D

krsp

Reaction score
I have one. It plays awesomely; my hands are kinda large, so the extended range is a plus since the frets are farther apart than normal. The only issue I have had with it is tuning the low F#. It is HARD to tune properly and if it is a *little* out, it screws up using it in chords. Tuning it is REALLY touchy

chimp_spanner

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
I have one. It plays awesomely; my hands are kinda large, so the extended range is a plus since the frets are farther apart than normal. The only issue I have had with it is tuning the low F#. It is HARD to tune properly and if it is a *little* out, it screws up using it in chords. Tuning it is REALLY touchy

What I've found, from my first experiences with 7's up to my 2228, is that depending on your string gauge you sometimes have to deliberately tune flat to take into account that when you pick it, that extra energy will raise the pitch a bit. Not by much, literally just a few cents. Have to say though, it's less of an issue with a thicker F#. I don't know what they ship with but I moved up to a 68 (it won't take a 70 without widening the hole on the machinehead and I didn't feel like doing that) and it's a lot tighter. Holds tuning with chords and stuff.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey fellow 2228ers, does anyone know off hand what gauge these babies shipped with? Also, who else here has worn the finish of the bridge?

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Hey fellow 2228ers, does anyone know off hand what gauge these babies shipped with? Also, who else here has worn the finish of the bridge?

The finish wore off the F# saddle of mine, but then that happens to the lowest saddles on all of my guitars due to where I rest my hand when picking.

Awesome guitar, but I left the club, sold it a few weeks ago. Mint guitar, but just never felt as right for my as my K-7.

Tuned2F

Spider Pig
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to SS!

I've had mine for about 5 months now. It was a 7 string for about 2 months. The F# saddle cracked into about 4 peices when I was changing the strings. Ibanez has some of the worst customer service, took 2 months to get it replaced. Not to mention the setup when I first got it was horrible.

I can't complain much though, I have connections through a friend of a friend who works at Sam Ash. Payed $1,000 brand new for it.

yevetz

I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to SS!

I've had mine for about 5 months now. It was a 7 string for about 2 months. The F# saddle cracked into about 4 peices when I was changing the strings. Ibanez has some of the worst customer service, took 2 months to get it replaced. Not to mention the setup when I first got it was horrible.

I can't complain much though, I have connections through a friend of a friend who works at Sam Ash. Payed $1,000 brand new for it.

:squint:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've had one for about 5 months now, still digging it. Although I hate the 808s, but I'm fixing that as we speak :)

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Checking in :) I havent played it yet but its at home waiting for me.

UTSC

Reaction score
Got mine for Xmas, dig it. Picked up a 7 for the first time since xmas...felt like a toy...

amonb

Les Paul Fever
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah dude, I would be ebaying that shit from the US, guitar prices here have always sucked arse (which isn't good cause I would love a Belman!)

tbird11

Reaction score
I just looked at one today.
$3200 aus.
Going up to 4 grand because of price rises.

:eek:

Yeah man just keep scouring ebay for one to pop up. 4 grand is too much too pay new, i'm from australia as well, as it's really frustrating trying to get guitars at reasonable prices.

i was lucky enough to get mine on ebay from a guy in QLD for $1450AUS, It's the biggest bargain that i have come across.

Good Luck

chimp_spanner

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
I managed to get mine for around £830 brand new including shipping to this country and VAT/Import. It was only made possible through the help of a friend though - I'm so SO glad I went out on a limb and did it before the shit hit the fan. To buy it here brand new? About £1,300. Hell even my 1527 has not only held its price, but gone up! I got that for about £500andsomething. I see them now for about £700

')