Rg2228 Refinish!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jexey

Reaction score
I'm tearing her down and taping her up tomorrow / thursday. I think i'll keep it a secret what color she'll be until I post pictures :)

Jexey

Reaction score
Wont be as nice as your Rga dude =P I'll bring the 28 with me next time I go to Berlin. :hbang:

ncbrock

Reaction score
I whipped this up in 5 minutes for someone else with a matching headstock (as you can see the lazyness in the headstock)
I like the matching headstock
rga8.jpg

Reaction score
I whipped this up in 5 minutes for someone else with a matching headstock (as you can see the lazyness in the headstock)
I like the matching headstock
rga8.jpg

that was for me :D
I really like it. I think imma do that to my rga8 when i get it.
Cant wait to see what color the rg2228 is gunna be though!

KenAncients

Reaction score
Can someone please mock this up in white. I'm thinking about getting mine painted. I really think Ibanez was just giving us the middle finger by making these guitars sparkle.

Jexey

Reaction score
The blue looks quite bad ass!!

The build is still on. I'm leaving the tone knobs black because i'm kind of worried about the paint blobbing on the textured finish and the headstock black for now, for I can always go back and paint more later!!

Tomorrow is rip down day. I was thinking of sanding down some of the edges or putting a bevel on some shit because the body feels like a big sparkly brick but I think i'll hold off on that =)

Jexey

Reaction score
Man I really do like that matching headstock tho. You're a dick for confusing me more :)

ncbrock

Reaction score
definatly round all the edges, would look so clean, and poppy at the same time cuz the orange. I agree with leaving the headstock black on the orange one

Itsmychapel

Reaction score
hey if anyone could do an rga8 in yellow i would realy appreciate it (yellow like on the rg350) with black hardware, ( and if they wouldnt mind the same but with a black outline on the outer edge, on another one) id really appreciate this as my rga8 comes in about three or four days, and i intend to bring it to a friend that does this kind of thing, the day of, or the day after i get it.

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
not exactly an rga8 but this is my rg7620 in that yellow youre talking about (its called "desert yellow") with black binding. should give you at least an idea of what youre looking at.

14425d1270334617-post-pics-of-your-modded-rg7s-sany0543.jpg

Itsmychapel

Reaction score
yeah thats exactly what i was trying to see, thanks :) i can get a picture of it, ill probably do the desert yellow with the black bindings, thanks for the name of the color as well

Jontain

Reaction score
For me it would have to be orange / black combo (100% NOT neon though)

TreWatson

A HUGE FREAKING WEEABOO
Reaction score
I can't afford a 2228, and even if i could, I wouldnl't have the balls to mess with the paint for fear of ruining it. haha

Jexey

Reaction score
Wow that desert yellow looks awesome.

I'm starting tests this week on other guitars, like TreKita said I don't want to go mad scientist on the 2228 just yet.

I will post pictures of the other guitars. I'm trying a natural finish on an old Agile Septor, and just fkn around with an old ibanez 22 fret POS!!

Jexey

Reaction score
So here are the results so far:

Hand sanding is entirely tiresome and taxing, especially around horns. The other guitars are coming slowly.

Make sure to shake the can of primer before you try spraying it.
(lol)

Jexey

Reaction score
So this is back to the top, after the little break I took while futzing with other stuff. Do you guys think I can pull off the repaint without sanding it down? The paint is going on it in the next couple weeks and after completing sanding down the sevenstring project I have going on I do NOT want to do it to this guitar :)

I'm finishing the headstock as well, but leaving all the natural areas of the guitar untouched. (Back of neck, headstock etc.)

')