RG2228 Weakness

• Thread starter Krauthammer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

syndrone

You Must Listen To SYNDRONE
Reaction score
yes that`s ibanez quality on their bridge stuff!

don`t know why their weak spots are the bridges and hardware...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
Sorry for the necro bump, but those will help:

2LE2-4B.jpg

As mentioned before, I have encountered this problem on all my guitars with the Edge III trem / bridge and those are actual metal bolts from Japan. They don't break.

TTWC Ben

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, but then again, i tend to go a bit hulk sometimes.

just get yourself down to your nearest diy store and buy some M4 caphead bolts as similar in length as possible to the ones that come with it. They will work fine and cost but a fraction.

squid-boy

Reaction score
is that not covered by warrenty?
this is why i'm trying to get away from trem'ed guitars, it seems like the make them out of cheap metal

The metal does feel pretty wimpy at times. :ugh:

It is one of my biggest fears when I restring my RG2228. I haven't had any issues thus far with restringing, though. And I really hope it doesn't try to surprise me one day. :lol:

Enselmis

Reaction score
Or we could necrobump the absolute shit out of this thread. That works as well.

xenophobe

Reaction score
Am I the only person who has never experienced such faults after 5-6 years of owning 6 different Ibanez guitars? :eek:

I've never experienced this in 30+ years of owning various guitars and working on most of them.

I've had a Dunlop straplock fail and drop my custom Warwick bass into a cement slab floor, putting a crack in the headstock. I've had a JT6 string lock cover break off. All the damage to my guitars have been gig/rehearsal/incompetent moment stuff.

The most I've done is stripped a trem or electronics cavity screw. lol Bolts usually only shear when you apply too much pressure.

stratjacket

Lost in a loop
Reaction score
Damn that sucks. I almost traded for one of these, but felt unsure about it. Deal fell through anyway, but glad it I didn't do it now. Thanks for posting and good luck fixing.

')