RG7321 pickup installation aid

pandnotp

Reaction score
Howdy!

I have recently acquired a D Activator and a Liquifire - to finally replace the stock pups - for my RG7321. I'm completely new to this pickup installation thing. Accordingly, I have little idea of what to do. But, having done some homework, from what I have gathered it does not appear all that difficult to do. So, I would like to learn how and do it myself instead of paying around 100 dollars to get them installed professionally. That amount covers another pickup - and given the news about 7 string Titans, I'd much, much, much, etc. rather put the money towards that.

With that said, I was wondering if I can get some aid with the installation. I get the basics of soldering and have someone experienced with it to help out (although they are not experienced with guitars). But I'm not as sure about wiring and stuff. Also, to what extent do I follow the pickup instructions given to me with the pickups? (E.g. Do I just take note of the standard humbucking series wiring instead of the other ones?)

Any aid given would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Note: With respect to tools, I have a 45W soldering iron and 60/40 rosin core solder (1.6mm). I have to pickup a desoldering braid still. Will these be good for the job? Or should I get something else, like thinner solder, 30W soldering iron, etc.?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
This should be the right diagram. The pickup on the bottom is the bridge even though it says neck for both haha

W97051.gif

pandnotp

Reaction score
Rad!

Thank you so much!

I'll keep it mind that the bottom is the bridge haha! Should be good now. :D

')