RG7420 question

• Thread starter -Infidel-
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

-Infidel-

Reaction score
I just got a 7420 and it seems like the high E string is off center? Is there a way to fix this?

mh8zya.jpg

2nhhiro.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

espman

Is beardless....
Reaction score
Looks like the bridge pup isn't f-spaced. It's not a big deal, you can ignore it and probably will never notice the difference, but if it really bugs you you can get a pup with the proper spacing.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
my 7620 is stock and like this.

All dimazio 7 string pups are f-spaced if I remember correctly. I think max said that?

MrHelloGuitar

Reaction score
Had similar issues. For me, the only difference it made was aesthetic. Couldn't notice anything wrong tonally.

Threw in a CL7/LF7 and sounds fine. Though, the high e is still a bit off.

Joshua

6 Strings Only
Reaction score
Oh, I actually just had the same problem with my 1421. You may just need to unscrew the neck a little and shift it straight. That did the trick for me

Genome

Reaction score
Yeah, my RG2550 has this, but it's not a problem at all, only aesthetic... and barely.

-Infidel-

Reaction score
My problem is the high E string too far on the fretboard so it slips off easy. I tried to straighten the neck, but that didn't do any thing. Is there a way to move the saddle or something to move the string?

Joshua

6 Strings Only
Reaction score
My problem is the high E string too far on the fretboard so it slips off easy. I tried to straighten the neck, but that didn't do any thing. Is there a way to move the saddle or something to move the string?
Is there any slack between the neck and the neck pocket? Mine had some slack and just needed to be pushed back into place, if yours is crooked at all that would be the problem. Try checking again

-Infidel-

Reaction score
Is there any slack between the neck and the neck pocket? Mine had some slack and just needed to be pushed back into place, if yours is crooked at all that would be the problem. Try checking again

I took of the neck and made sure it was in correctly and the string is still off. It is only the high E that is off, i think it might be some thing with the saddle if you can adjust it or not.

ZeroS1gnol

Reaction score

Ive got the same problem on mine. Its just that the 7420 has a really narrow neck, compared to my other Ibby 7's. It's just something you'll learn to live with (no more pull-offs on the high E). I only noticed it myself after getting my other 7's (7420 was my first).

-Infidel-

Reaction score
Ive got the same problem on mine. Its just that the 7420 has a really narrow neck, compared to my other Ibby 7's. It's just something you'll learn to live with (no more pull-offs on the high E). I only noticed it myself after getting my other 7's (7420 was my first).

Mine has a 7620 neck, so who knows...

Latest posts

')