WTB RG7620 Cayman Green

• Thread starter Thesius
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Thesius

Reaction score
Gear/Guitar Wanted: RG7620CG
Additional Accessories (hardshell case etc):
Your Location (City,State or City,Country):
Canada
International OK?:
Yes
Contact Info (No Phone #s):
Here
References (eBay or other forum userid):
AvalonCollectibles on eBay
Price (include currency and if firm/obo):

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
thats gotta be a refinish dude

Finish(es): Black (BK) 1997–2000 / Dark Adriatic Blue (DAB) 2000–2001 / Galaxy Black (GK) 2000–2002 / Gray Nickel (GN) 1999–2001 / Pearl White (PL) 1997–1999 / Royal Blue (RB) 1997–1999 / Vampire Kiss (VK) 1997–1999

Thesius

Reaction score
thats gotta be a refinish dude

Finish(es): Black (BK) 1997–2000 / Dark Adriatic Blue (DAB) 2000–2001 / Galaxy Black (GK) 2000–2002 / Gray Nickel (GN) 1999–2001 / Pearl White (PL) 1997–1999 / Royal Blue (RB) 1997–1999 / Vampire Kiss (VK) 1997–1999

It was a GC colour run. Not a refinish. If I had a dime for every Ibby finish that wasn't listed on the wiki I'd be giving Bezos a run for his money

bmtf

Hammer time
Reaction score
They're definitely real, these are two different guitars in the attachments. I have a cg body I bought from reverb but it's got soapbar routes, and I know how that goes. Also suspect it would fit a urg7520 neck better than the one-piece or the three-piece neck i've bolted onto it. OR the pocket expanded.

Attachments

• PXL_20240110_030942129.jpg
    PXL_20240110_030942129.jpg
    911.3 KB · Views: 23
  • caymangreen2.jpg
    caymangreen2.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 23

Thesius

Reaction score
They're definitely real, these are two different guitars in the attachments. I have a cg body I bought from reverb but it's got soapbar routes, and I know how that goes. Also suspect it would fit a urg7520 neck better than the one-piece or the three-piece neck i've bolted onto it. OR the pocket expanded.
Is that a CG? I've only seen shitty pictures of them where they look matte green lol

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was so close to buying that body! I messaged the guy asking if it was a refinish because I didn't know that was a stock color at the time lol

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
They're real for sure. I've missed out on the same one on Craigslist three times over the last 20 or so years. I always find it right after it sold. They were limited but it is certainly a legit Ibanez color. In the light they look more like a sparkle racing green almost. I think it may have been a Samash limited run if I remember right.

bmtf

Hammer time
Reaction score
Is that a CG? I've only seen shitty pictures of them where they look matte green lol
I'm pretty sure the 1st picture was listed as CG, so I saved it for research. At least two other 7620s seemingly the same color including mine, problem is nobody has the tags etc. proving it.
There was a refinished one in Australia that basically looks like what I posted, but I saw the before and after pics. I doubt that there would be so many refinished 7620s in random metallic green. Man I wish there was a matte green Non-apex 7-string. Hope I didn't ruin the hunt. Wish I had more/better info other than what I've extrapolated. LOL at the bezos joke, have you thought about adding some finishes to the wiki? I think we can at least add 7620/7621m bol finally 🤣

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

They're really dark in person, but that looks right with the flash.

For whatever reason they were much darker than the Cayman Green Sabers, but still have some flake in them, like later "Galaxy" finishes.

Thesius

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the 1st picture was listed as CG, so I saved it for research. At least two other 7620s seemingly the same color including mine, problem is nobody has the tags etc. proving it.
There was a refinished one in Australia that basically looks like what I posted, but I saw the before and after pics. I doubt that there would be so many refinished 7620s in random metallic green. Man I wish there was a matte green Non-apex 7-string. Hope I didn't ruin the hunt. Wish I had more/better info other than what I've extrapolated. LOL at the bezos joke, have you thought about adding some finishes to the wiki? I think we can at least add 7620/7621m bol finally 🤣

Would you part with the body? I have a few necks I could throw on it. I could take pictures of my MBOL for the wiki. I actually have quite a few Ibbys I need to add to the wiki still lmao

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Would you part with the body? I have a few necks I could throw on it. I could take pictures of my MBOL for the wiki. I actually have quite a few Ibbys I need to add to the wiki still lmao

OT, but I'm sure you have a CAR RG7620 right? :lol:

That's probably the next rarest to the CG, especially since I remember it only being at West Coast GCs.

bmtf

Hammer time
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm intending to "part" with it as well as a bunch of other Ibanez soon. I can take some pictures of it this evening

bmtf

Hammer time
Reaction score
Wait hold up I don't have that finish code in my schema yet

That's probably the next rarest to the CG, especially since I remember it only being at West Coast GCs.

Also off topic kind of, but I've always wondered if this was vampire kiss, or red wine (whatever it's called)
EDIT: or candy apple red
Capture.PNG

Last edited:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wait hold up I don't have that finish code in my schema yet

these things are just cars, except you can fit more of them in a garage (climate controlled bedroom studio)

Candy Apple Red

Thesius

Reaction score

I don't sadly. I don't even recall it actually. I remember Cayman Green, Red Wine, Gray Pewter and Iron Pewter for the specialty colours. I'd like to get one of each to complete the 7620 collection I started. I still need an MSOL to go with my MBOL

Yeah, I'm intending to "part" with it as well as a bunch of other Ibanez soon. I can take some pictures of it this evening
Yeah let me know I'd be very interested in it. And other Ibbys you might be moving

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't sadly. I don't even recall it actually. I remember Cayman Green, Red Wine, Gray Pewter and Iron Pewter for the specialty colours. I'd like to get one of each to complete the 7620 collection I started. I still need an MSOL to go with my MBOL

They're like half way between VK and RFR, not actually "candy" like the Fender process, but still a deep, vibrant red.