RG7620 pickup swap

• Thread starter maxoom
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maxoom

Scumbag of the Earth
Reaction score
BKP016-1.jpg

BKP006.jpg

MM 7 check, all new US pots and switch check
Waiting for neck PU Liquifire 7 to arrive so did some prep work.
Will post a pic of wiring and how they look when done. Ya I `m a bit bored?:fawk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
Please some clips when ur done dude. I have an RG7620 and I would love to hear how that combo sounds :D

maxoom

Scumbag of the Earth
Reaction score
BKP026.jpg

Ended up a lot more work than I planned on.They look good together and are matched really well output wise.
Took some dialing in for the MM height.Good match for someone not wanting to spend the dime on 2 BKP`s, plus I`m partial to the Liquifire anyway.

maxoom

Scumbag of the Earth
Reaction score
Please some clips when ur done dude. I have an RG7620 and I would love to hear how that combo sounds :D

I`ll see what I can do time permitting no promise's.Honestly the BKP sounds good but for the money I would have been "just as happy" with the CL.Maybe even preferred it.The MM is a bit specialized in it`s sound and the CL is more open to what ever you try to pullout of it.I found myself EQ to make the MM sound more like the CL by adding some mids.I need to be able to get old school metal sounds also and in that regards it will do both with some amp EQ.

abstract

Reaction score
I`ll see what I can do time permitting no promise's.Honestly the BKP sounds good but for the money I would have been "just as happy" with the CL.Maybe even preferred it.The MM is a bit specialized in it`s sound and the CL is more open to what ever you try to pullout of it.I found myself EQ to make the MM sound more like the CL by adding some mids.I need to be able to get old school metal sounds also and in that regards it will do both with some amp EQ.
That's just the MM, though. If I was considering the CL, I'd be thinking more along the lines of a Painkiller for a BKP.

Either way, congrats. Any BKP is better than no BKP.

maxoom

Scumbag of the Earth
Reaction score
That's just the MM, though. If I was considering the CL, I'd be thinking more along the lines of a Painkiller for a BKP.

Either way, congrats. Any BKP is better than no BKP.

I have the CL/LF set in another guitar so I am just going to get used to the MM and enjoy it. Thanks you are right, Any BKP is better than no BKP.

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score

It's cool dude no rush :yesway:

On sidenote, they look gorgeous together. Much better than Ibby stock pups :lol:

maxoom

Scumbag of the Earth
Reaction score
It's cool dude no rush :yesway:

On sidenote, they look gorgeous together. Much better than Ibby stock pups :lol:

I just spent some time playing and I`m getting to really like it so I was just in the awkward breakin period. If you like the Zakk sound or any variation of it you will like the MM voicing.

jamroomnewsetup004.jpg

Here`s a fun pic of my favorite setup for practicing.The pickup pole pieces really pop now.:hbang:
212Kab012.jpg

Cab completed.

maxoom

Scumbag of the Earth
Reaction score
A big thanks to Zimbloth,a pleasure to buy from.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
damn nice set up maing. do they still punch you in the gut when muting the B?

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know what the voicings of your amps are like but I had an MM in my last 7620 (Duncan jazz in the neck ,killer combo) and thru my Rectovern and my mark III
it sounded amazing. thru the Recto it really nailed that "enemies of reality " type of tone.
I have an Evo in the bridge on my current 7620 (Evo/Air Norton) and I hate this combo.

I was just going to sell the guitar as is, but it plays so well I may just swap out the pickups.

')