RG7CST on ebay, please let me have this.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes I never imagined that people would just step aside and let me have it. The type of guitar that it is means that there will always be people who are interested in it outside of those who post on ss.org

The title and OP were written together in an attempt to be humorous about the shit fight that a CST being up for auction could turn into and at the same time make a statement about how much I would love to win it.

I appreciate Kevin posting the sellers response and since Vova brought it to my attention I have been scrambling to see if I can reorganise my budget to allow me to buy it at that price. Considering the price I know that the owners of two more of these would be willing to sell for, this one IMHO is a very reasonable BIN price.

However in the process of contemplating my financial situation I also considered the option of ordering a custom instrument from either Mike Sherman or Dan form Oni. To my way of thinking it doesn't make a lot of sense to spend that amount on an old CST when I could get a superior instrument new for the same dollars. The other side of the argument is the CST is a rare guitar that no doubt will only appreciate in value but I'm not buying guitars for that reason.

At the moment Sherman and Oni are winning the race, maybe I should go look at some of Mikes and Dans threads to seal the deal, I might just start with that shitty black thing Mike just finished :D

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Also, the CST lost a lot of it's appeal to me since there are now piezo OFR saddles. You can not only get a custom made for less, but also have all the features that made the CST unique.

Crucified

Deathgrind Maniac
Reaction score
i'm sure this gets covered in the last page of crap i haven't read but seriously, it's a public auction and if i want it more than someone else, i'm gonna get it.

anyways, it costs too much for me, someone else get it.

Dude, read the thread title........and not do that things publicly :squint:

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also, the CST lost a lot of it's appeal to me since there are now piezo OFR saddles. You can not only get a custom made for less, but also have all the features that made the CST unique.

So true - a noice sherman with the OFR7 and piezo saddles = :drool:

Crucified

Deathgrind Maniac
Reaction score
i'd rather a OFR 8! i'm just not down with kahlers so far. i haven't obviously tried the 8 or even a 7 but they aren't my cup o tea.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah seriously, these are just stupid expensive... I think the last one I heard about for sale went for $2600 which is definitely not worth it thanks to Graphtech :D

i'd rather a OFR 8! i'm just not down with kahlers so far. i haven't obviously tried the 8 or even a 7 but they aren't my cup o tea.

Yeah an OFR8 would seriously rule... if only FR would wake up and make one :agreed:

Crucified

Deathgrind Maniac
Reaction score
There's no "o" in nice.

/nitpick.

While we're nitpicking, in your sig you don't need a comma before "but". Using "but" negates the need for a comma using proper grammar if I'm not mistaken. :evil::deadhrse:

Ryan

Reaction score
While we're nitpicking, in your sig you don't need a comma before "but". Using "but" negates the need for a comma using proper grammar if I'm not mistaken. :evil::deadhrse:

Notice the quotation marks?

3050d1196163734springbrql0.jpg

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score

Well, if we must get anal, technically if you end a sentence with a quotation mark the period must fall inside the quotation marks.

Anyway, it's a little dicier when you're dealing with song lyrics, as the comma in this case also suggests the line break. ;)

Crucified

Deathgrind Maniac
Reaction score
I choose option D. Final answer.

:lol:

Also, I didn't know about ending the sentence within the quotes. I guess dropping out of high school has finally caught up to me!

Latest posts

')