RG7CST on ebay, please let me have this.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
:lol: I'm feelin a 24-hour avatar change coming on..

gallery14010243zv8.jpg

I'd totally do it, but that's in too poor taste even for me. :lol:

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
While we're nitpicking, in your sig you don't need a comma before "but". Using "but" negates the need for a comma using proper grammar if I'm not mistaken. :evil::deadhrse:

You're incorrect. Using "and" or "but" necessitates a comma before it in many instances, including that in Drew's sig.

NegaTiveXero

.... Your Face!
Contributor
Reaction score
That's a pretty sweet guitar, I wish I had that kind of money to throw around.

(Technically, if you end a sentence with quotations with only part of the sentence in quotes [i.e I eat "Children"] the period goes outside the quotes, if the whole sentence is in quotation [i.e. "I eat children"] it's goes inside the quotes. Drew's sig. quote is correct, by the by.)

Abhorred

Reaction score
Well, there's still over 5 days left, and the current bid is 1,121.00 Euros (About $1730 at the current rate). Looks like this could get nuts.

A few thousand bucks gets you an awful lot of custom these days.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
☝That would be me.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes and I usually do but the CT auction is ending before this one and I needed to test how strong the other bid was, if there was already a strong bid I would have given up on this and bought the CT instead. Now that I'm high bidder I'm in this to the end so I have to make it worthwhile, I can no longer afford not to win so my final bid will be everything I have.

Besides that if I can't have it I want to make sure that whoever does win has to pay through the nose for it, because I'm a spiteful prick. :D

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, you'll have a better chance of winning it if you wait until the end to put in everything you have.

There is never a good reason for not waiting until the end of an auction to go all out. :shrug:

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
Like I said I haven't gone all out yet, I plan on bidding a lot more than I have, and I'm selling a lot of stuff at the moment to raise even more so everything I sell will add to the final amount I bid. The current bid that I have made was simply a test bid to find out how much the other guy had offered, the purpose of making the bid was to find out just how serious a bid he had put on this early, if he had placed a bid higher than my test bid I would have left it and bought the CT for his BIN price.

If I had $3000 today I would have already bought it for the €1500 BIN, unfortunately I don't but in a few days I hope to have more than that, so yes my strategy is not to try and get this for the best price possible but to make sure that the auction runs to the end and give it everything I have got to try and win it. Now that my bid is as high as it is, I'm hoping that the seller will not pull this auction early for anyone and re-list with a BIN. He has told me that he has offered to end the Auction for 3 people including myself.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I don't want to stand in your way, but man that's a LOT of money to drop on a production model bolt-on Ibanez w/ shitty pickups. I hope you're really thinking this one through logically here. I know it's rare and all, but I have to think for $3000 you could do better?

I mean, you're claiming you're going to drop "everything I have" into winning this auction. You realize you could get a superior guitar for half that amount and use some of the money leftover to upgrade your rig from a POD to something else?

I know I sound like a dick but I just cringe when I see people going crazy spending money on stuff like this.

:shrug:

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I don't want to stand in your way, but man that's a LOT of money to drop on a production model bolt-on Ibanez w/ shitty pickups. I hope you're really thinking this one through logically here. I know it's rare and all, but I have to think for $3000 you could do better?

Someone had to say it, so now that it's been said, everyone else let Steve get his dream guitar. :lol:

[action=Chris]completely agrees with nick, btw, but hey.. GAS is GAS.[/action]

Eric

Reaction score

I mean, you're claiming you're going to drop "everything I have" into winning this auction. You realize you could get a superior guitar for half that amount and use some of the money leftover to upgrade your rig from a POD to something else?

I know I sound like a dick but I just cringe when I see people going crazy spending money on stuff like this.

I prefer bolt-on over anything else. Plus, everyone talks about how all these things are way better than a CST when most of them haven't played a CST OR the guitars they are claiming to be better. :scratch:

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score

I prefer bolt-on over anything else. Plus, everyone talks about how all these things are way better than a CST when most of them haven't played a CST OR the guitars they are claiming to be better. :scratch:

I've played a CST. They're very nice. I don't think they're $3000 nice, but Steve does, and it's his money, so rock on.

Eric

Reaction score
I've played a CST. They're very nice. I don't think they're $3000 nice, but Steve does, and it's his money, so rock on.

I haven't played a CST but considering its basically a CT with piezos and a nicer fretboard I'm willing to bet it's pretty damn nice, like you say. I'd pay 3k for one on the right day but I can't afford it at the moment.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score

It always pains me when I see insanely sick guitars get played through insanely cheap rigs.. you could get a bolt-on Sherman custom for way less than this auction is going to finish for, and it will be exactly how you want it. Saying you "just want a CST" is probably a cop out because I guarantee there is at least one thing you would change about it... and even if you didn't change anything, you would get a superior finish, a better top, and the pickups you want at the very least.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score

I've played them all Eric, along with about every other 7 ever. I don't have time to start another debate about quality/cost ratios. If the man really wants it, all the power to 'em like Chris says.

I felt it was my duty to speak up. I know people like to egg guys on because they want to see a cool picstory, but that's a lot of money and someone had to say it.

Best of luck Steve :yesway:

')