RG7CST on ebay, please let me have this.

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
:shrug:

I prefer bolt-on over anything else. Plus, everyone talks about how all these things are way better than a CST when most of them haven't played a CST OR the guitars they are claiming to be better. :scratch:

speaking of which, when i get down to AZ, im gonna have to see whether your CT stomps my 8527, lol.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
It always pains me when I see insanely sick guitars get played through insanely cheap rigs.. you could get a bolt-on Sherman custom for way less than this auction is going to finish for, and it will be exactly how you want it. Saying you "just want a CST" is probably a cop out because I guarantee there is at least one thing you would change about it... and even if you didn't change anything, you would get a superior finish, a better top, and the pickups you want at the very least.

Cheap is in the eye of the beholder. I love my 2101, and you can get one of those for $200 nowadays. If someone's happy playing a CST through a POD, I say rock the fuck on. :metal: Hell, PODs are more expensive than my preamp. :lol:

Eric

Reaction score
I've played them all Eric, along with about every other 7 ever. I don't have time to start another debate about quality/cost ratios. If the man really wants it, all the power to 'em like Chris says.

I felt it was my duty to speak up. I know people like to egg guys on because they want to see a cool picstory, but that's a lot of money and someone had to say it.

Best of luck Steve :yesway:

Oh sorry Nick, I forgot about how you know more than everyone else on this forum about everything related to guitar. My humble apologies... disregard my opinions and get back to your oh-so-busy life of internet surfing. :rolleyes:

speaking of which, when i get down to AZ, im gonna have to see whether your CT stomps my 8527, lol.

You'll have three to choose from :D :fawk:

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Easy dude, that was uncalled for, and not the first time you've been antagonistic anytime someone's had a different opinion than you. If you want to be an asshole, I'll show you the door.

Let's get this thread back on topic.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Oh sorry Nick, I forgot about how you know more than everyone else on this forum about everything related to guitar. My humble apologies... disregard my opinions and get back to your oh-so-busy life of internet surfing. :rolleyes:

I didn't say that Eric. I'm not going to be baited into an argument here. I suggest you read what I said more carefully before jumping to conclusions, however.

[action=zimbloth]checks out of this thread.[/action]

forelander

you fail me
Reaction score
I wouldn't spend more than 1500 AUD on a production guitar - by then it's getting to the stage that you may as well go custom. Sure, RG7CST is the dream, get a custom with similar features and it'll cost you less and be generally better, I'm sure.

Get an Oni...

On the other hand as everyone said if it's what you want go for it, but remember to account for customs, which at 3000 is gonna be quite a bit extra.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Really? I've never played a J-Custom so I didn't know it was actually better than some of them (or all, I'm not too sure if that's what you guys mean or not).

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Really? I've never played a J-Custom so I didn't know it was actually better than some of them (or all, I'm not too sure if that's what you guys mean or not).

Honestly to me it's just a 2027 with an ebony board. I jammed on Drew's for an entire evening, and while it was certainly a very nice guitar, close your eyes and it may as well be any old UV if you ask me.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly to me it's just a 2027 with an ebony board. I jammed on Drew's for an entire evening, and while it was certainly a very nice guitar, close your eyes and it may as well be any old UV if you ask me.

I'm talking CT, not CST, although I guess like someone else said it's basically the same thing with a different fretboard and piezo's.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm talking CT, not CST, although I guess like someone else said it's basically the same thing with a different fretboard and piezo's.

Depends who you ask I guess. If you wanted to get technical, put that bridge/board on a 7620, and you'd have almost the same thing, ya know?

The problem I had with Drew's CST is that I was completely terrified of dropping, scratching, bumping into something or otherwise playing it in anything but a prone position because I knew how expensive it was and couldn't STOP thinking how expensive it was long enough to really enjoy just playing it.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
A CT is a J Custom pretty much it just says Prestige on the headstock right Eric?

I've heard it's basically a re-labeled J-Custom, but aren't J-Customs hand made small runs? I figure newer ones would be better quality, given the fact that the more experience someone gets in making a guitar, the better the guitars will be that they make. Unless of course they started cutting corners and using shittier materials, which I don't think is the case considering they're using titanium reinforcement rods and shit now aren't they?

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Depends who you ask I guess. If you wanted to get technical, put that bridge/board on a 7620, and you'd have almost the same thing, ya know?

The problem I had with Drew's CST is that I was completely terrified of dropping, scratching, bumping into something or otherwise playing it in anything but a prone position because I knew how expensive it was and couldn't STOP thinking how expensive it was long enough to really enjoy just playing it.

I don't worry about that with my CST. It's in players condition, and it's fucking awesome, and I don't fear the chips. The first few fucking SUCK, but after that, it's smooth sailing :lol: When I get my KxK's, they aren't going to sit in the case even though they'll be one of the most expensive things I own :lol:

As for the 7620 and piezo bridge, well, I've played 7620's and the neck, and even the AANJ is a lot different. I think the CT has the "J-Custom AANJ" or so I've heard. It's a lot smaller, and definitely feels a lot different to me. I've never played a UV so I don't have any comparison there, but it's definitely not the standard Ibby profile/AANJ. People who pick up my guitar who hate Ibanez love the CT.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I don't worry about that with my CST. It's in players condition, and it's fucking awesome, and I don't fear the chips. The first few fucking SUCK, but after that, it's smooth sailing :lol: When I get my KxK's, they aren't going to sit in the case even though they'll be one of the most expensive things I own :lol:

Right on man. You have a CT though, not a CST, right? I wanted to buy Drew's old 2027 for that exact reason. It was already beat up. :lol: I mean, look at Drew's PWH. It's chipped and beaten to death and that, to me, just makes it all that much more enjoyable to play.

As for the 7620 and piezo bridge, well, I've played 7620's and the neck, and even the AANJ is a lot different. I think the CT has the "J-Custom AANJ" or so I've heard. It's a lot smaller, and definitely feels a lot different to me. I've never played a UV so I don't have any comparison there, but it's definitely not the standard Ibby profile/AANJ. People who pick up my guitar who hate Ibanez love the CT.

Ah, right on. I'm not that much of an Ibby fanboy to really know/care about the difference. Though since I currently own 9 Ibanez's, you'd think I would be. :lol:

Apex1rg7x

Agent of Chaos
Reaction score
I've heard it's basically a re-labeled J-Custom, but aren't J-Customs hand made small runs? I figure newer ones would be better quality, given the fact that the more experience someone gets in making a guitar, the better the guitars will be that they make. Unless of course they started cutting corners and using shittier materials, which I don't think is the case considering they're using titanium reinforcement rods and shit now aren't they?

The CT is a J Custom just with the prestige label on the headstock pretty much. Since there are only 24 CT's in existence that would kinda make them a "small run" i guess.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Right on man. You have a CT though, not a CST, right? I wanted to buy Drew's old 2027 for that exact reason. It was already beat up. :lol: I mean, look at Drew's PWH. It's chipped and beaten to death and that, to me, just makes it all that much more enjoyable to play.

Ah, right on. I'm not that much of an Ibby fanboy to really know/care about the difference. Though since I currently own 9 Ibanez's, you'd think I would be. :lol:

Yup, CT here. I don't give a fuck, I'm irresponsible and stupid, so I'll beat the shit out of something expensive :lol: Actually, I do kind of baby the CT, but I don't freak out about every little scratch or ding.

I'm not an Ibby fan boy either, I wouldn't pay $3000 for a CST either, especially with the graphtec piezo floyd saddles now. Hell, I wouldn't pay $2000 really, unless I was intending to flip it, make cash, and buy a custom. Looking back, while I love my CT, I probably would have ordered a custom if I had known about places like KxK or known any decent luthiers that had a good price. The CT was basically a gift to myself for landing a real, full time job in the IT industry :lol: I love the guitar, but a custom would have been nice too.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
The CT is a J Custom just with the prestige label on the headstock pretty much. Since there are only 24 CT's in existence that would kinda make them a "small run" i guess.

I know, I just thought that the J-Custom shop would be churning out guitars better than the CT by now I would have thought :shrug: Either way, I love the CT, and don't plan to order a J-Custom any time soon :lol:

')