RG7CST on ebay, please let me have this.

msherman

Banned
Reaction score
I would probably think it`s safe to say that although there were 24 made, there are a few that didn`t survive, or where possibly parted out, or cannibalized.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Eric

Reaction score
The CT is a J Custom just with the prestige label on the headstock pretty much. Since there are only 24 CT's in existence that would kinda make them a "small run" i guess.

Yea, there are actually only 23 now though cuz a guy from Jemsite thought it would be a good idea to part one out. :spock:

I know, I just thought that the J-Custom shop would be churning out guitars better than the CT by now I would have thought :shrug: Either way, I love the CT, and don't plan to order a J-Custom any time soon :lol:

You realize that your CT must be assimilated right? :agreed:

GIMMEH! :squint:

:wub:

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't want to stand in your way, but man that's a LOT of money to drop on a production model bolt-on Ibanez w/ shitty pickups. I hope you're really thinking this one through logically here. I know it's rare and all, but I have to think for $3000 you could do better?

I mean, you're claiming you're going to drop "everything I have" into winning this auction. You realize you could get a superior guitar for half that amount and use some of the money leftover to upgrade your rig from a POD to something else?

I know I sound like a dick but I just cringe when I see people going crazy spending money on stuff like this.

:shrug:
I've played a CST. They're very nice. I don't think they're $3000 nice, but Steve does, and it's his money, so rock on.
It always pains me when I see insanely sick guitars get played through insanely cheap rigs.. you could get a bolt-on Sherman custom for way less than this auction is going to finish for, and it will be exactly how you want it. Saying you "just want a CST" is probably a cop out because I guarantee there is at least one thing you would change about it... and even if you didn't change anything, you would get a superior finish, a better top, and the pickups you want at the very least.
I wouldn't spend more than 1500 AUD on a production guitar - by then it's getting to the stage that you may as well go custom. Sure, RG7CST is the dream, get a custom with similar features and it'll cost you less and be generally better, I'm sure.

Get an Oni...

On the other hand as everyone said if it's what you want go for it, but remember to account for customs, which at 3000 is gonna be quite a bit extra.

I don't know if a CST is better, the best I have ever had is my 2027. I am too new to playing guitar to even be able to fully appreciate a CST, I seriously did not expect to be attempting to try to buy one for years. However I will never know if it is everything I hope it to be unless I own it. I have given this considerable thought, I am aware that I could get a CST replica built cheaper but it will be a replica, not a CST. It's funny I have been talking about this to Eric, you can all put me into the Ibanez fanboi club now, I can't explain it but it's like my love for Mopars, call it a mental illness that I enjoy.

As for my Rig, I also have an ENGL E530. I plan to add an orange cab a decent power amp but ATM I'm looking for a Mesa 50/50, a boost by Joe, a JC-120 as well as other things. I also plan on going through some top end heads in the future in my quest for tone. I can get all of this any time, how often does a CST come up for sale, yes I know of two others for sale one would set me back $4700 delivered to my door the other 7K, this is a no brainer for me.

On the X3 being cheap=not great, for some things it is better than my ENGL. Before I got the Nailbombs I wasn't very happy with the Pod, with Nailbombs I love it. And the pod bashing does amuse me, just listen to recordings here the Pod can sound fucking awesome. Actually I want to say the EMG bashing
also amuses me even before I heard Drews recording I knew how great those things can sound. Personally I think a lot of people write off one piece of gear when all that is wrong is that it is incompatible with other parts of their signal chain or they are trying to force it to respond like another piece of gear that they are familiar with when it needs to be treated differently.

Someone had to say it, so now that it's been said, everyone else let Steve get his dream guitar. :lol:

[action=Chris]completely agrees with nick, btw, but hey.. GAS is GAS.[/action]
Thanks Chris.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
@ Chris and JJ

I wouldn't buy a guitar to hang on my wall, I'm buying this to play. Now I don't abuse my things, I have not added damage to any of my guitars but if I did chip it, I would be "oh fuck!, oh well". I wouldn't be scared to play a guitar because it was valuable and if I thought I would be I would not buy it.

Apex1rg7x

Agent of Chaos
Reaction score
Steve you obviously want that guitar so fuck it, buy it. Its just money and you can always sell it later on if need be. You never know unless you take the plunge and get it over with. I can almost be 100% positive and say you wont regret it. Go for it!!! :hbang:

Eric

Reaction score
@ Chris and JJ

I wouldn't buy a guitar to hang on my wall, I'm buying this to play. Now I don't abuse my things, I have not added damage to any of my guitars but if I did chip it, I would be "oh fuck!, oh well". I wouldn't be scared to play a guitar because it was valuable and if I thought I would be I would not buy it.

:agreed: My most mint CT is the one I play live. I figure they were made to be played and I might as well enjoy them because having the opportunity to play them is far more valuable to me than their resale value.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I say buy it if you want too dude, it's your money, I was just throwing in my 2 cents on the whole production vs custom thing.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I am too new to playing guitar to even be able to fully appreciate a CST

This is why I felt the need to chime in. Others here are egging you on because it's a cool guitar and they want to see a fun 'NGD' thread.

I on the other hand have been in your position before, and I just don't want to see you make a big mistake because you just don't know better (by your own admission).

Do as you wish my friend :)

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
I can see the sense in the advice, and I would offer the same advice to others, you just can't convince sick people :lol:

Apex1rg7x

Agent of Chaos
Reaction score
In my opnion you cant base everything you do off of the "money value" involved. Sometimes you just have to do stuff that seems right no matter what the cost is. Its just money man, you cant take it with you. Buying this guitar is obviously what he wants to do so i say do it.

Eric

Reaction score
In my opinion having super nice guitars only gives you more incentive to practice. Plus, if guitar is what you truly love it really doesn't matter how much skill you have. If you can afford it without starving/selling the kids and the misses doesn't jar your nuts on top of the fridge for buying it I say go for it. I'd be excited just to know a friend got a kick ass guitar and don't really care at all about seeing a picstory. :agreed:

Apex1rg7x

Agent of Chaos
Reaction score
In my opinion having super nice guitars only gives you more incentive to practice. Plus, if guitar is what you truly love it really doesn't matter how much skill you have. If you can afford it without starving/selling the kids and the misses doesn't jar your nuts on top of the fridge for buying it I say go for it. I'd be excited just to know a friend got a kick ass guitar and don't really care at all about seeing a picstory. :agreed:

I bet you know all about that dont you:fawk:

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
Steve you obviously want that guitar so fuck it, buy it. Its just money and you can always sell it later on if need be. You never know unless you take the plunge and get it over with. I can almost be 100% positive and say you wont regret it. Go for it!!! :hbang:
This is why I felt the need to chime in. Others here are egging you on because it's a cool guitar and they want to see a fun 'NGD' thread.

I on the other hand have been in your position before, and I just don't want to see you make a big mistake because you just don't know better (by your own admission).

Do as you wish my friend :)

I think it's pretty safe to say the CST is the highest spec 7 string one can buy and to steal a phrase "the holy grail" for Ibanez 7 fanbois.

It's going to be better than what I have, whether it is worth the premium is debatable and subjective but it will be better, keeping that in mind as long as I am an Ibanez Fanboi there would be a better chance of Stitch giving birth to Shawns firstborn than me selling it. Who knows maybe the first time I play a Sherman, KXK, Oni etc. my attitude might change but it will be a while before I have the confidence to play someone else's guitar so until then if I win this, good or bad, I'm going to tell you all that it is Man's greatest accomplishment and that nothing you have could come close to comparing to it. :lol:

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't need to buy it to give you all a picstory, I've got more photo's of it than I do of my own guitars.

Ryan

Reaction score
:squint: :squint:

You still have that DY? I thought you sold it on Jemsite for some reason. :scratch:

:fawk:

:lol:

I can't part with its awesome 80'sness. But yah back to CSTs.. damnit that's a hawt guitar.

54ca_1.JPG

:yum:

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score

You obviously didn't read the tags I am starving and selling my kids to buy this. :fawk: :lol: and just so it's out there, for an early Hemi Cuda or a Hemi Challenger you can have my wife.

')