RG8 - Passive to Active conversion Output Jack question

• Thread starter Broken_Hyren
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Broken_Hyren

Reaction score
Hey, so I'm trying out Seymour Duncan AHB-1s in my rg8...

Can I use the output jack that came with the guitar for the Active pickups?

It's a long-barrel jack, and I'm unsure if it can be used for both active and passive or if it only works for passive and I'll need to buy a different jack online.

The jack that comes with the AHB-1's is a short one, so thus does not fit my guitar

I can take a picture if I need to

Thank you!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Broken_Hyren

Reaction score
Well the stock pickups are Passive so I dunno!
(I'm guessing most stock passives/outputs are mono)

But I'm guessing that Long-barrel jacks can be used for both - I just want/need some confirmation :p.

5150time

Now with Vitamin R
Reaction score
You should be able to. Although mono barrel jacks exist, I've yet to ever see a company use them - there's not any advantage over a stereo jack I can think of...except maybe to reduce occurrences of "which prong does which?". I've done a lot of swaps from passive to active pickups in Ibanezes and a few Jacksons and other guitars and they've always been stereo barrel jacks.

You can tell whether it is or isn't by looking at the prongs of the jack. Some stereo barrel jacks have 2 prongs and a big metal "leg", and some others have 3 prongs. A mono jack is going to have 1 prong and a leg, or maybe 2 prongs.

I'd be really, really surprised if yours is mono. If that's not confirmation enough for you, take a picture and I'd be happy to verify for sure!

Latest posts

')