RG8 Wnf make-over

Jeff1027

Reaction score
So...

I've had my ibanez RG8 wnf for a year now, and it's about time to customize my guitar. After extensive research and hours of YouTube reviews I have decided to go with...

Hipshot grip- locking tuners
Dimarzio 250k volume/tone pots
Lace X bar in the neck position
Lace Deathbar in the bridge position
And a pair of Dunlop strap locks

All work will be done by me and will have pictures when finished. This is just a start, I also plan on upgrading the bridge further down the road. I'm also open to suggestions or opinions on good gear, thanks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice set of mods, though I'd recommend replacing the nut first as it'll have the highest impact on tuning stability.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Graphtech is my go-to. But tons of purists swear by bone.

mr coffee

Reaction score
Bone, graphite, brass all have their proponents, the key thing is that the slots are cut properly.

-m

Jeff1027

Reaction score
Nice set of mods, though I'd recommend replacing the nut first as it'll have the highest impact on tuning stability.

I'm having trouble finding a nut for the 8 string. On graphtech, do you just buy the slab and make your own?

GraemeH

Reaction score
Why the 250k pots over 500k? Is that A Thing for Lace pickups? Or do you find it too bright?

I'd always go for the highest resistance available since if it's too bright turning a knob on an amp or pedal is more easily reversible and controllable.

Jeff1027

Reaction score
Why the 250k pots over 500k? Is that A Thing for Lace pickups? Or do you find it too bright?

I'd always go for the highest resistance available since if it's too bright turning a knob on an amp or pedal is more easily reversible and controllable.

Parts are still in the mail, we
Got 250k pots just because that's what they recommend, I'm going to try the stock pots then switch to the 250k to see which is better.

Bigfan

sixstringer
Reaction score

Lace pickups are ridiculously bright, 250k seems like a safe bet for most guitars.

')