RG927 $599 at Sweetwater

• Thread starter CudBucket
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Holy crap. Thats a great sound. Especially the low-tuned part, the second clip. Not what i was expecting at all, way more organic.

Yeah! I was in the same boat as you. I had never tried active pickups, and I didn't want to spend a great deal of money to find out they are cold and have limitations.

I don't know if D-Activators are supposed to sound like Active pickups, but to my ears, they sound great. If they have something from the active world, then I think they are the best choice between both worlds. According to the description on the website, they sound like active pickups without the little headroom, coldness and battery problems of actives.

Edit: No compressed sound at all. All I notice compared to other passives of DiMarzio is that the attack is a bit faster, and the output is just what I need :). Nothing extreme, but now I know why EVERYBODY suggests them in here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MJS

Reaction score
so....who has noisy trem springs on their new guitar?

Hitting an E on mine (especially 9th fret on G string or 17th on B) would make the whole guitar ring like a bell... but a little foam between the springs & cover seemed to do the trick.

Orbis_Mortis

Reaction score
This guitar is seriously great!!! I didn't get to spend too much time with it, but I'm loving the neck better than the Agile for sure but what surprised me is I think I like it better than my Charvel So-Cal. So much so that I'm thinking about selling the So-Cal. Freakin' GAS:wallbash::lol:

bcfox

Reaction score
Major thanks to CudBucket for this announcement of sorts. This guitar is honestly amazing. I got mine in on Tuesday, and I just now had time to restring it with my favorite Circle K's. The trem is surprisingly easy to setup. It's been about 7-8 years since I've had a locking trem. It took me longer than I'd like to change the strings for the first time, but setup afterward was actually a breeze.

As for the problems others have reported, my side inlays are ever-so-slightly off in the same way as others. My 12th and 24th are both the same, but it's extremely minute even less so obvious than some pics that have been posted. My neck seems to have perfect alignment with the strings. The spacing from the edge of the fretboard is pretty well identical. The trem springs are a pain in the ass for reverb at the moment, but I'll end up putting something back there to muffle them. There's not a single note close to fretting out, and there's only minor string buzz anywhere at Ibanez's recommended action. I'm truly impressed by this guitar at most any price much less the deal we all came across. :hbang:

Paincakes

Reaction score
I just got mine yesterday and noticed the bridge was pretty raised. I'm trying to adjust the spring tension from the back, but it seems to be taking a while. Anyone else have this problem?

Reaction score
I just got mine yesterday and noticed the bridge was pretty raised. I'm trying to adjust the spring tension from the back, but it seems to be taking a while. Anyone else have this problem?

Set the zero-point system as suggested by the manual and that should be the middle. I thought it was a little up too, but it's only the shape of the tremolo's side.

Gram negative

Christopher Horton
Reaction score
Set the zero-point system as suggested by the manual and that should be the middle. I thought it was a little up too, but it's only the shape of the tremolo's side.

Yep, I thought the same thing. Most tremolos have a tilt to them, but the edge zero does not. Set it level, and adjust to the height you like. I had to read the manual.

also: added some foam around/on top of the springs. The ringing I got from high gain settings is gone.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm realizing I have some things I'm going to need cash for so I think I'm going to return mine. Nothing wrong with it, just realizing the money would be better spent elsewhere.

Consider it a PSA that one should be available again soonish :lol:

Ok, I lied. I made the mistake of playing this some more when I went to box it up, it's staying :lol:

In fact it's staying, and getting a little brother RG920BK

MJS

Reaction score
Ok, I lied. I made the mistake of playing this some more when I went to box it up, it's staying :lol:

Someone, somewhere, is currently regretting spending the last 3 days clicking refresh on the Sweetwater page every 5 minutes & waiting for your return to show up. :lol:

Gram negative

Christopher Horton
Reaction score

In fact it's staying, and getting a little brother RG920BK

I dont know how bad you needed the money, buddy, but I think you made a good choice.:agreed:
You wouldve kicked yourself in the ass forever, if you sent that package off.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Aren't those sold out? Part of me doesn't want to know. This forum is dangerous for my wallet ><

RG921 fixed bridge sold out, the RG920 has a trem and is on sale (at the link posted above)

I dont know how bad you needed the money, buddy, but I think you made a good choice.:agreed:
You wouldve kicked yourself in the ass forever, if you sent that package off.

Eh just means I need to scrounge a bit to finish another project... not like I wasn't going to make my mortgage payment or something :lol:

Reaction score
Today I adjusted the nuts from the tuners. I noticed there was a noise of something loose and it was one of the washers. I always adjust the nuts of the tuners in my guitars.

Gram negative

Christopher Horton
Reaction score
Today I adjusted the nuts from the tuners. I noticed there was a noise of something loose and it was one of the washers. I always adjust the nuts of the tuners in my guitars.

I like to tighten up everything, about once every six months. Little rattles can come from anywhere. Especially with hot pickups like the ones this guitar came with. It will pick up any little noise through a high gain setting.

Last edited:

Suho

Guitar Guardian
Contributor
Reaction score
Someone, somewhere, is currently regretting spending the last 3 days clicking refresh on the Sweetwater page every 5 minutes & waiting for your return to show up. :lol:

That is exactly what I was thinking!

Curse you all for leading me to the Sweetwater site with their evil deals on Ibanezes! Curse you!

....because I then saw the promotional financing (18 mos no interest) offer on the Ibanezes.... which led to purchasing an S5427..... which was erroneously listed as having a 26.5" scale..... but I found out it was a mistake before shipping anyway and wrote Sweetwater to stop the order.....which they did..... and which I subsequently decided to go ahead with anyway..... and it will be delivered today!

Yes, damn you all and the influence you have on my internet browsing and GASing and purchasing! I blame it all on you... (or I thank you... or both)!

Reaction score
I like to tighten up everything, about once every six months. Little rattles can come from anywhere. Especially with hot pickups like the ones this guitar came with. It will pick up any little noise through a high gain setting.

Yeah, I do that too :). Did it as soon as the guitar came in last year, but for some reason those nuts weren't adjusted...

Latest posts

')