RGA7 vs Iron Label 7

Kylefromhell

Reaction score
Right so apologies if this has been answered before, but at the end of this week I’ll be putting the money down on my first 7 string, I’ve seen both of these in pretty alright condition, but they’re both online so playing either one in person is out of the question, I’m more looking for any experience from someone who has owned or played either or both of these. Are there any major differences etc? Any headaches that come with owning them?
The RGA7 is bone stock, looks to be from around 2010, not played much so it’s pretty grubby looking.
The RGIR27fe, which I believe is the fixed bridge version looks to be in really good condition, obviously it comes with EMG’s and apparently a killswitch.
Logic says the Iron label is the better guitar but as I say I’d just like some varying opinions, both guitars are going for £300, including postage, looking around second hand iron labels seem to go for around that price, or am I not looking deep enough, or are there even any other options out there I should look into?
Thanks in advance for your help yo

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dr_game0ver

Reaction score
300£ for a stock RGA7?? The hell!?

If i had to pick i'd go with none cause i puke on active PUs but of the 2 i' d pick the IR. just expect the fret work to be average.

Kylefromhell

Reaction score
300£ for a stock RGA7?? The hell!?

If i had to pick i'd go with none cause i puke on active PUs but of the 2 i' d pick the IR. just expect the fret work to be average.
Yeah I’m not really an active PU guy either but I’ve got no problem dropping some passive in it down the line

gujukal

Reaction score
Both guitars are very similar, shape and pickups is really what it comes down to. I would choose the iron label just because of the pickups and slightly better looks.

Kylefromhell

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies troops, I’m swaying towards the iron label so I’m most likely going to go for that, just needed a bit of reassurance that I wouldn’t be throwing my money away

Kylefromhell

Reaction score
Right, so a bit of an update, in the end I put the money down on neither of the guitars I originally listed, I found an RG7321 (possibly a 7431) for the stinking cheap price of £100, I’ve heard these are solid starter 7 strings and as it’s cheap and already set up with passives, it’ll be a pretty decent upgrade platform down the line, dudes posting it tomorrow so it should be here some time next week, so I’ll give you’s a more in depth idea of it then.

F5657B46-6A86-46D9-B9B9-23244D71EBF8.jpeg 8C2C51E9-02F0-4CFE-9B00-0D95A42443A5.jpeg