RGA8 Body Mods (Any Ideas?)

• Thread starter RGA8
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RGA8

Reaction score
Hello, I have a RGA8 with two Lundgren M8s in it and I want to possibly modify the body. I can tell you that I do plan on sanding all of the black paint off and burning the guitar to a nice deep black color. I did that to a RG7420 I have and it was pretty slick looking. I'd like to know you all have any cool body modification ideas or have any cool pics of something rad I could draw some inspiration from.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tandem

Reaction score
Are you willing to route any extra cavities? You could add further electronics, or you could recess an area for a body-level pickguard kind of deal. Might be a little difficult to keep it level, but it could look sweet, and you could design the guard out of something interesting. Of course it would basically be completely cosmetic, since it would then be part of the guitar, unless you screwed it and didn't glue. Hard to say if you'd ever get it out if you glued it.

I dunno man, depends on how much hair you are willing to lose!

RGA8

Reaction score
wow there's some neat ideas there! I'm willing to get pretty radical because it isn't my main 8 string. I do work in a sheet metal fab shop so I could get a custom diamond plate steel piece to put in as a pick guard. I really don't care about it looking pretty either. The uglier and gnarlier the things looks the cooler it'll be.

Tandem

Reaction score
This one's a bit far-out, but you could recess a cavity, or completely put a hole in the guitar for a small powered fan that could have some ugly colored LED lights and keep your right hand sweat-less while playing... that'd be a job and a half, though.

EDIT: If bowlers get to have a fan, why can't guitarists?

RGA8

Reaction score
Ahaha! That's such a awesome idea. I'm not sure I could pull that off but I'll brainstorm that one too.

Bretton

Reaction score
chop out some big hunks of it to make it look like Tom Araya's bass?

semi-hollow-ify it? stick LEDs in the hollow section so the F hole lights up.

Attachments

• rga8 bod mods.PNG
    rga8 bod mods.PNG
    340.3 KB · Views: 61

RGA8

Reaction score
chop out some big hunks of it to make it look like Tom Araya's bass?

semi-hollow-ify it? stick LEDs in the hollow section so the F hole lights up.

Wow! Those were cool! Thanks for the ideas!

Route a space for a single coil in between the buckers!

This is a neat idea too. Do you know of any company that makes an 8 string single coil?

veshly

Reaction score
How about a nice big forearm carve like on a ernie ball JP.

tm20

Reaction score
only mod id do to it is to carve out the lower horn more so theres better access to the 24 fret. if i could, i'd actually make it into an RGD body but the curved top would make it hard :p

RGA8

Reaction score
Great ideas guys! Maybe I'll do them all ;^)

')