RGA8 for $450 at sweetwater

• Thread starter lewstherin006
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheKindred

TimeTravel Innovator
Reaction score
arrived yesterday.

the F tuning sucked with the stock strings, so that's going to be a quick change. The pups are passibly awful, so those are next to go.

Instrument wise though...... :shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ratm2020

Reaction score
Snagged one as well, should be some fun modding it up. Anyone seen how the body wood looks on these?

Posted from Sevenstring.org App for Android

MannyMoonjava

Figgjo Fallout Shelter Wizardry
Reaction score
"Sorry, the Ibanez RGA8 - Black is no longer available. We've left this page up for reference only."

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I got the last one I think... After I ordered mine I looked again and couldn't find them... :D

If it makes you feel better, when I got it, there was a paint chip missing from the neck pocket area. Also... The "light" strings do feel a big flimsy but I was able to successfully get it into Drop E and it's actually not as terrible as people made me think it'd be. I'm still uppping the gauges as soon as my Pegasus/Sentient set comes in... :flex:

seek and destroy

Reaction score
I missed the deal but then snatched one up from a dealer on ebay for $459! Using my new Chase credit card I get $200 cash back on my purchase MERRY F'N CHRISTMAS TO ME!

anthonylbest

Guitarist, Youtuber, Collector
Reaction score
I ordered one as well.. Mine shows up on Thursday. Does anyone one know the big price drop? Also Does this need an EMG 808 update? just need to budget.

mikenothing

Reaction score
Looks what UPS dropped off earlier this week :agreed::

oeO46jE.jpg

My first 8 string :eek: Opened up the box and noticed a few things that concerned me. The fretboard was dry as f*ck. Oiled it up and fixed that. Back of the neck had black stains/fingerprints on it. Which I cleaned up. And lastly, the stock pickups/string gauge were shit. Luckily, I figured as much and installed some Duncan Blackouts :hbang: and .011-.080 D'addario strings- then just a minimal setup was needed. Now, I'm just waiting for some Sprezel open back tuners to arrive :wavey:

Great guitar for under $400 bucks (blowout price + %15 off). Add the duncan blackouts/string set and for under $600 I have a killer 8 string guitar :D

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
^ Badass. :D

Quick question or two to anyone, really: How's the RGA8 bridge work? It looks like the strings attach to the bridge the same way a Floyd does, but does it act like a Floyd, e.g. is it fully floating? I'm kind of leaning towards wanting to get an RGA8 rather than an RG8 due to the potential tuning stability, but Floyds are a bit too much of a hassle for me on a main guitar. Ideally I'd like to be able to drop the low string, change tunings on the fly, etc., without having to block the bridge and such. (If I could, I'd have all the Floyd equipped guitars and just keep them in separate tunings, alas I don't have the money for that. :lol:)

Also, does it seem like they've fixed the bridge issues they had in the earlier RGA8 productions?

mikenothing

Reaction score
^ Badass. :D

Quick question or two to anyone, really: How's the RGA8 bridge work? It looks like the strings attach to the bridge the same way a Floyd does, but does it act like a Floyd, e.g. is it fully floating? I'm kind of leaning towards wanting to get an RGA8 rather than an RG8 due to the potential tuning stability, but Floyds are a bit too much of a hassle for me on a main guitar. Ideally I'd like to be able to drop the low string, change tunings on the fly, etc., without having to block the bridge and such. (If I could, I'd have all the Floyd equipped guitars and just keep them in separate tunings, alas I don't have the money for that. :lol:)

Also, does it seem like they've fixed the bridge issues they had in the earlier RGA8 productions?

The strings attach and lock into the bridge just like a floyd, once you lock your string into place you can fine tune them as well with fine tuners. It does not really float/act like a floyd, and I actually like that. I hate tremolos lol. No need for a block or anything. I heard after 2011 they fixed the screw popping out issue by using a different type of anchor. It keeps tune pretty good, and the stock tuners are actually not that bad. Its a pretty solid guitar. I dig it.

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
The strings attach and lock into the bridge just like a floyd, once you lock your string into place you can fine tune them as well with fine tuners. It does not really float/act like a floyd, and I actually like that. I hate tremolos lol. No need for a block or anything. I heard after 2011 they fixed the screw popping out issue by using a different type of anchor. It keeps tune pretty good, and the stock tuners are actually not that bad. Its a pretty solid guitar. I dig it.

Ah cool. I actually love Floyds when playing, I just don't like all the extra maintenance that gets put in to them compared to something like a basic stoptail. :lol:

Good to hear they fixed all those issues though and that it's a solid guitar! Definitely got moved up higher on my consideration list.

')