RGA8 - Where to get EMG style pickup covers?

• Thread starter Tragedy87
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tragedy87

Reaction score
Okay so, I pickup my new RGA8 next week and I've already ordered DImarzio D-Activator 8 pickups for it.

My question is....where do you get the EMG40 style pickup covers now? Looks like guitarjonesusa.com is no longer a site, but they used to be the "go to" site to buy this type of stuff.

Anyone have any recommendations?

OR - have they made the pickup ring that fits inside the cavity that fills the gap yet?

Thanks!

PS - not looking for regular pickup rings. They are fugly.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chrisxrome

Reaction score
I'm going through the same with my RGA8, dude.

There's that fretsonthenet place. But he isn't taking anymore orders until after the new year apparently.

I think you have to get bass emg pickup covers so they fit as there isn't an 8 string option - there is a site that was brought up the other day but I can't remember it aha

I myself have contacted a local luthier who is making pickup rings for me with the specifications I sent him. So, that'll work out!

Tragedy87

Reaction score
How do you know which one those covers are?

I need to know ASAP if I ordered the wrong ones or not, hah.

Tragedy87

Reaction score
The EMG-808's are an EMG-40 size, so I believe I ordered the proper size. 4.00'' x 1.5''

chrisxrome

Reaction score
I've just checked that link out. Thought the price was fantastic and I'd use them in another project. Shipping is $40 holy hell why aren't these things readily available in the UK god damn it!

')