RGD2127Z + (Juggernaut BKP or Aftermath BKP)

djentynuts

Reaction score
Hi guys, seems finally i got some money to buy a new set for my lovely 7, but i have some questions, 1st of all these pickups fits well in the guitar or i need to make huge wholes? And if they are covered? Sorry for this noob questions :lol: Now your opinion about which one you prefer ;)

Thank you guys hug

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
The uncovered ones will require some filing around the base of the pickups, and covered ones will need a bit of routing done to the pickup cavities.

We're definitely gonna need more info as far as your rig and what type of sound you're going for in order to help point you in the direction of which pickups would be better suited for your needs, though.

djentynuts

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the reply, well my rig its only the ibanez rgd2127z and my pod ux2 for now maybe later ill get an axe fxII, the type of sound i want its clarity in the strings, not a 7th string smothering the other strings well maybe what they said about the juggernaut :p and are they a good combination for basswood body or that doesn't matter?

Thank you very much :D

russmuller

Cramblin'
Reaction score
I can attest that the covered BKP's will most definitely require routing in the cavities. They usually fit fine in terms of length and width, but it's the corners that don't quite have enough room to fit.

I have an RG 7620. When I tried to install the Holy Diver bridge and Emerald neck, they didn't have enough room on the corners and I had to drill out room underneath the pickups to allow for the excessive screws to fit. Then I swapped them out for the Juggernauts which did not have anything protruding from below the baseplate. I don't know if the Aftermath has anything sticking out from the bottom.

I will say that I'm in love with the Juggs.

Silence2-38554

Mobius Guitars
Reaction score
I realize this is kind of a necrobump, but I'm just replying to say that I hope you chose the Juggs. I have Aftermaths in my RGD2127z right now & can not wait to get them swapped out for a set of Juggs. The high E string on this guitar with the Aftermaths is just unbearably bright & harsh. I'm experimenting with different value pots/resistors/caps now until I can afford the Juggs. It will be a glorious day.

Reaction score
I have a set of seven string Juggernauts and I frigging love them. Hype aside, I think Misha and Tim nailed the tones they were after.

Itchyman

Reaction score
I have a SD '59 and BKP Aftermath combo and you simply cannot beat it. Note separation is stunning on both pickups. Mind you, I have a 1 meg volume pot for the '59 (500k for the BKP) and they share a 500k tone pot with a 0.47u orange cap.

BKP has massive bass, but no mud and great note separation, '59 has some bite and they both clean up wonderfully. Mind you, I have a TriAxis and 20/20. V2 on the TriAxis is a 12AU7 - the rest are ECC83S.

Latest posts

')