RGD7321 mod project help!

• Thread starter Nick Lang
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Lang

Reaction score
I've been hit suddenly with a desire to remove all the hardware from my 7321 strip down the paint so that its only a wood finish and then reseal it myself has anyone tried this here or had this idea before:idea:? I would greatly appreciate anyone's opinion on this matter and if anyone has actually done this before could you post pics so that i could see what it looks like i would greatly appreciate it:bowdown:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mountainjam

Reaction score
several users here have refinished rg's. not quite sure exactly who, try the search

avenger

Reaction score
I can only say try a good heat gun to remove the paint, if it works for you it beats sanding for hours or dealing with nasty chemicals.

I used the heat gun method and cleared the paint off my guitar in 15-20 mins. No wood burns or scrapes etheir.

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score
I did that to one of the ESP M107's I had years ago... It was the natural wood on the body and head, with the rosewood fingerboard and black hardware...

High-five, sexy time!!!

Spaceman_Spiff

Contributor
Reaction score
^ I disagree...while it doesn't look as nice as more exotic and expensive woods, I actually like the lighter colored wood.

Latest posts

')